WEEK 9: 4-4 Denver Broncos vs 6-1 Dallas Cowboys - Sunday November 7th @ 11am MST

Dbrog24

Broncos Cowboys is an interesting matchup for me. It's time for a bit of a story...

So I was born and raised in Texas; San Antonio specifically. I grew up watching all those Spurs championship teams and was mostly a basketball guy. I actually used to think Football was the most boring thing someone could possibly watch because of all the stoppage of play....that changed when I found alcohol 😄 and even moreso when my wife and I moved to Denver. My dad has always been more of a baseball guy who gunned for the Astros. He too had never really thought of a football team to call his own. My parents eventually moved to a 37ft sailboat in Georgia to retire on and were enjoying that for quite some time until they got older. This recent visit, we asked my dad what his Football team would be. We went over some we thought he might like such as the Texans to keep the whole Houston theme going, or the Buccaneers since he fancies himself as somewhat of a pirate, but this crazy old man kept referring to the Cowboys for some reason (maybe he doesn't know about all the people that get tattoos after a SUPERBOWL-esc start to the season only to fail miserably the rest of the year). I've never wanted to disappoint my dad so badly...I also have a bone to pick with Dallas cause they have a great skyline and used to have the restaurant with my favorite Lobster Mac n Cheese. Sadly Ediths closed a few years ago. Fortunately I now have Shanahan's! 

WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avvh5H-EPWU

Ok so this might be the exception to the above Dallas chokes since Dak looks like a man on fire. Maybe it's cause he is salty about being called Mahomes by a little kid. I, for one am very curious to see the battle of the rival WRs in Jeudy vs Lamb and old vs new in Zeke vs Williams. There are truly a lot of intriguing story lines here especially if Rush plays and we can see if he looks better than Teddy or Drew. I'll also be very intrigued to see how our players come out without Von and if they will rally to try and prove themselves or fold because "what's the point of this season?" I'm also looking forward to seeing if we can see more flashes from Jonathon Cooper and Malik Reed and if Surtain can show off again against another elite WR group. At this point I'm looking for who we should be keeping on our team moving forward which it seems Paton is doing as well. If I had to guess, I do think we probably get beat by 14 at least. Then again, if Rush plays and we can get to him and smash em inside with our runs, I surprisingly think there's a chance we win by 3 or so.

Also...I'll just leave this here and hope to be able to gain the skills to play off awkward situations like this tiny tot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbIdin5p8o0

Edited by Dbrog24

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Their OL vs our DL is just too big of a mismatch for us to win this game, regardless of who their QB is. We saw this against the Browns.

Our OL vs their DL is nearly as big of a mismatch too.

I just cannot see us winning this game sans the Cowboys looking passed us.

I didn't look much past the trenches either. Quite the mismatch.

No Callahan, no Bolles

DAL -9.5 is a big play this week, sad to say.

So our OL is a bad matchup vs. their DL.    That's terrible with Teddy B (or Lock).    DAL's improved ILB corps with both Parsons & Keanu Neal joining Vander Esch, and that ball-hawking secondary, while Jeudy/Sutton/Patrick will no doubt do their best, it's a tough draw, especially with only Albert O & Saubert at TE this week (Fant likely out with Covid protocol, small chance he could get 2 negative tests, but pretty iffy).

On the flip side, the DAL OL gets to maul our front 7 that's decimated, and their WR corps (even with no Gallup) gets to face an even more depleted secondary.   And in all likelihood, Dak's back.   

Unless Dak doesn't play, or DAL goes -3 in TO's, we have no chance (the TO's are always the reason there's a chance).   Frankly, if DAL is neutral in TO's, they should win by 2+ TD's.    I'll watch simply to see how healthy Jeudy looks, and to get a closer look at how the T's do, but man, it's not really much to look forward to other than for the future, dreaming of what a good QB would do with the supporting cast.   Ugh.

Edited by Broncofan

11 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Dallas would be silly to rush Dak back. Anything less than 100% and he should sit

If it's a grade 1 calf strain, Dak's probably more than fine to play.   If it's a grade 2 strain, it would be 3-4 weeks minimum.   Given they let him practice last week (albeit only limited until Friday, and he felt sore on Saturday), all signs point to a grade 1 strain.   There's definitely no reason to rush him back, but it would fit very cleanly to have him play this Sunday.

1 hour ago, anewdawn said:

I wouldn't even rush Prescott back, let him rest another week.  This should be an easy win for them.  

Let him sit. One reason to watch is to get a comparison on centers. I was stunned when we selected Cush when Biadasz was still on the board.

Talk about a whiff!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Let him sit. One reason to watch is to get a comparison on centers. I was stunned when we selected Cush when Biadasz was still on the board.

Talk about a whiff!

I liked Biadasz a lot too, but he has had injury concerns and realities since the draft. Sounds like he has been struggling as well so is probably a net even.