WEEK 9: 4-4 Denver Broncos vs 6-1 Dallas Cowboys - Sunday November 7th @ 11am MST

Dbrog24

It's absolutely no problem to have options on the OL on cheap rookie contracts that is for sure.

What we did see is why staying out of 3rd and long is so important. Our OL just looked totally different with the balance we showed, whilst staying ahead down and difference. There's no way we plug in so many backups (during the game) without it.

Anderson especially, man. What a performance. He's very close with Bolles; I'm sure Garrett was very proud.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

What do you do with Risner then ??

I wasn't clear. Muti has been our backup at RG, out of position for him. He's been 1st guy off the bench at the RG position. Today Meinerz took that spot with good success. Muti will be backing up Risner. 

• Like 1

This was a complete performance. I’m not sure if the most impressive thing is that we won by 2 scores on the road to a top 5 ranked team in a 10am game, or that they needed 2 late garbage time TDs to even keep it remotely close. A total blowout.

In Vic Fangio you’ve got a coach who knows he’s not just fighting for his job, but at this stage, he’s fighting for his entire career. Yesterday he had the whole team come out and show fight. Every single one of the players and coaches gets a game ball for me. 

Make no mistake, I am very happy with the great victory but .....
Apart from the Broncos' performance, I mostly saw:
1- 2 completely bewildering 4th down attempts from Dallas so early in the game even if the 1st can be justified, the 2nd looks like arrogance, on being too strong even if the conversation is not successful.
They were punished ........
2) 2 drops of the WR of Dallas which are expensive on the drives because there was great largesse in the defense on these actions.
3) A special team still absent, 2 returns logged by distance, 1 countered punt ...... which could have changed the 2nd half time.

As I read on a previous page, it is more the poor performance of the Cowboys that I retain for the moment unfortunately.

I still saw TB kept the ball far too long resulting from a sack ..... missed longer runs with wide receivers and choose the short option.
And I have a question for insiders .... why don't we use the WR slot more often like a lot of teams given the possibility we have with Jeudy / Patrick / Sutton?

I can't add much more than what others have already said, but wow. I did not expect that in any way, shape or form. Committed to running the ball, accurate passing, defense was fantastic. That's the kind of game I was hoping we'd see coming off a 3-0 start.

Special teams was, again, atrocious, and Vic acknowledged as much. Should probably fire McMahon to make a statement, but I guess a strongly worded statement is all that's needed.

I'd love to see a win over Philly next week for my own selfish bragging purposes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I can't add much more than what others have already said, but wow. I did not expect that in any way, shape or form. Committed to running the ball, accurate passing, defense was fantastic. That's the kind of game I was hoping we'd see coming off a 3-0 start.

Special teams was, again, atrocious, and Vic acknowledged as much. Should probably fire McMahon to make a statement, but I guess a strongly worded statement is all that's needed.

I'd love to see a win over Philly next week for my own selfish bragging purposes.

6-4 before the bye? Yowza!  Anyway, I agree with you that the 180+ running yards was the key to this.  Did the Cowboys miss on some plays, yes. But shoot, we do that on a weekly basis, and we wind up losing, which I think always gets mitigated by running the ball and playing good defense. 

5 hours ago, French Fan said:

why don't we use the WR slot more often like a lot of teams given the possibility we have with Jeudy / Patrick / Sutton?

Usually, you get good plays out of the slot vs man coverage when any play call is possible.

If it's 3rd and 10, LBs and/or Safeties are going to be occupying significant space in the inside of a Defense, so the slot WR is likely competing for space against a man coverage CB as well as LBs/Safeties.

However, if if is 2nd and 2 and LBs have to account for the run, you can suck them up with Play Action and then the Slot CB has a very tough ask of covering a slot WR with the entire route tree open and passing lanes not being impacted by LBs.

Slot WRs Vs zone coverage requires QB and WR being on the exact same page to read the D, i.e when to sit in the zone, when to turn for the ball and carry on upfield, etc. It requires precision - think Brady/Edelman, Brees/Colston, Manning/Stokley

Again, can't say enough how excited these rookies have me.  The OL as a whole looked good yesterday, and Meinerz was a monster.

Totally on board to get this team younger, faster and tougher.   Looks like that's the direction we are headed.

Find some more DL/pass rush options in the draft, let Fant walk and start Albert O, use the cap space to maybe find an addtional CB and/or get Russ (fingers crossed) and this team could be in the thick of things 2022 

26 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Again, can't say enough how excited these rookies have me.  The OL as a whole looked good yesterday, and Meinerz was a monster.

Totally on board to get this team younger, faster and tougher.   Looks like that's the direction we are headed.

Find some more DL/pass rush options in the draft, let Fant walk and start Albert O, use the cap space to maybe find an addtional CB and/or get Russ (fingers crossed) and this team could be in the thick of things 2022 

Throw in Jeudy as a quality year 2 guy and that is awesomeness in a can. 

@Dbrog24 you’re up for 1 more week to start the Week 10 GD thread let’s all agree this was unexpected.  LOL.

News to kick off next week - Meinerz at RG here to stay.   The more ominous news about Massie being out several weeks, if Bolles isn’t back yet - very worrisome.   Erving playing a lot of snaps at T is bad news.  

Edited by Broncofan

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

@Dbrog24 you’re up for 1 more week to start the Week 10 GD thread let’s all agree this was unexpected.  LOL.

News to kick off next week - Meinerz at RG here to stay.   The more ominous news about Massie being out several weeks, if Bolles isn’t back yet - very worrisome.   Erving playing a lot of snaps at T is bad news.  

If Meinerz keeps playing well I see Graham as a good cap savings cut for 2022 even with the dead cap hit of $6 million 

19 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

If Meinerz keeps playing well I see Graham as a good cap savings cut for 2022 even with the dead cap hit of $6 million 

Yeah I thought Glasgow would be a 2022 cap casualty the moment we drafted Meinerz.   Meinerz doesn’t even need to play well just average play will make Glasgow expendable.   More $ for priority FA’s / trade targets wonder what position we’d spend on… 🧐

Edited by Broncofan