WEEK 9: 4-4 Denver Broncos vs 6-1 Dallas Cowboys - Sunday November 7th @ 11am MST

Dbrog24

Just now, Broncofan said:

I thought he was a cap casualty the moment we drafted Meinerz.   Meinerz doesn’t even need to play well just average play will make him expendable.   More $ for priority FA’s / trade targets wonder what position we’d spend on… 🧐

Young and decent OL, young improving defense, talented weapons at WR, RB and TE, with big cap space in 2022?

I have an idea or 2

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

To me Browning was the lottery ticket of this draft. What a pleasant surprise he’s been so far. 

In the draft process, Browning proved to have all the physical tools, it was his instincts/processing that were the question mark. If he’s making plays like this, we’ve got a keeper. 

19 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Yep, RG.

Just for you, buddy.

Since the conversation has moved to Meinerz I had to resurrect this clip from 101. It's really pretty funny. It's not like watching Larry Little. This guy starts his pull, not clean but more like a raging bull lookin' for action.

Combined with the interviews I've heard he's fast becoming my favorite Bronco. 

Here's the future. Cush has put on more muscle. Another year in the weight room will help. He's also far better in the run game. Sandwich him between Muti and Meinerz and thats one powerful IOL. You have to stick with a balanced, unpredictable attack (IE: running on 2nd or 3rd and long) but those guys will blow holes in defensive fronts. With Williams and MG3 running the ball you'll rip off some big runs.

Mike would love it and so would TD. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Of course it’s early but it feels like we might have gotten our own Ali Marpet. Meinerz has been really promising and physically we should see more growth with 24/7 access to NFL facilities. 

@BullsandBroncos will confirm that in FFMD we took Williams Rd2 (moving up), Meinerz Rd3 and Sterns Rd5, and I was thrilled each time.   Needless to say, even I didn't see this kind of year 1 impact from those 3 rookies.      We're still just a middle-of-road team overall, but when our best players are in their 1st/2nd year (plus Simmons), that's a recipe to make a huge leap.   Just gotta find the QB next year, and make the right HC/OC hire to match the QB(barring a playoff berth, which I see as still highly improbable, Fangio/Shurmur are history), and we're cooking with gas in 2022.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:19 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What a beatdown. 

Congratulations. We needed to be smacked around and boy oh boy did y'all ragdoll us.

Yep. NFL is a wacky wacky league. The Cowboys admitted they were cocky and didn't really prep for the Broncos. Well not really admit it but they said it in so many words. They got a reality check. Dallas is a good team. I don't get the ones suddenly acting like they suck. It is extreme.

I am glad for the Broncos. They needed that win in so many ways. They can be a competitive team and now they know. Get a real QB and rock it.

Now do it again to Philly.

• Like 1