Trade deadline 2021

sammymvpknight

11 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t want ODB. We have a strong locker room, I don’t want to mess that up.

Sean would immediately cut him if he was an issue whatsoever, so I think it's worth seeing what he could do in our offense. 

I'm all for it at this point. Hope he clears waivers! Worst case we cut him. I'm sure our front office is smart enough to dangle incentives in front of him and not put us in a bad position if drama starts with him. We don't have much to lose given our dire situation at WR right now. 

Edited by tyler735

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'm all for it at this point. Hope he clears waivers! Worst case we cut him. I'm sure our front office is smart enough to dangle incentives in front of him and not put us in a bad position if drama starts with him. We don't have much to lose given our dire situation at WR right now. 

There's a really long line in front of us. The current waiver order is:

Detroit Lions
Miami Dolphins
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Jets
New York Giants
Washington Football Team
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
Chicago Bears
Atlanta Falcons
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Indianapolis Colts
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Carolina Panthers
Los Angeles Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals
New Orleans Saints

13 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

There's a really long line in front of us. The current waiver order is:

Detroit Lions
Miami Dolphins
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Jets
New York Giants
Washington Football Team
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
Chicago Bears
Atlanta Falcons
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Indianapolis Colts
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Carolina Panthers
Los Angeles Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals
New Orleans Saints

Yeah I'm hoping he will clear waivers on his current contract. Then once he clears waivers we would be free to work on a new deal for him assuming there is mutual interest, which given LSU background could be the case.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/07/nfl-trade-deadline-broncos-teddy-bridgewater-saints-jameis-winston/

Glad to see we at least attempted to make the right move to trade for Teddy Bridgewater even if it didn't work out. Just made too much sense to bring him in as a clear upgrade at QB.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 3:21 AM, JMG5 said:

Sean would immediately cut him if he was an issue whatsoever

But that would be more dead cap space, this isn't a DJax situation where the risk will be minimal, he's gonna get some decent offers.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:10 AM, tyler735 said:

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/07/nfl-trade-deadline-broncos-teddy-bridgewater-saints-jameis-winston/

Glad to see we at least attempted to make the right move to trade for Teddy Bridgewater even if it didn't work out. Just made too much sense to bring him in as a clear upgrade at QB.

We saw Teddy on the Saints with Michael Thomas and Jared Cook, as well as prime Murray in that #2 RB spot, he was good enough to get us the wins but in a couple  of those games he was being carried by the offense, which isn’t what you want from your QB. In other games the D/ST stepped up for him. 

I’m not sure how he would fare on the current roster. The offense is a lot different now.

I’m also not sure what we would have had to give up for a half season rental? Anything more than a 3rd would have pissed me off greatly, and there’s no way the Broncos don’t laugh that away.

I’m not sure I buy the story tbh. I think it’s likely Sean throwing out a “you’re really not looking to get Bridgewater off the books for cheap huh?” comment or something while calling about other potential trades. 

In my mind, there is no doubt that Payton sees Jameis his QBotF, so bringing in another veteran who’s going to want a starting contract and having to give up a serious pick to get him makes no sense when we know Thomas is gone for the year anyways.

Teddy isn’t hoisting the Lombardi after leading Callaway and Trautman through the playoffs, no reason to set the franchise back to bring him in. 

Edited by Dome