WR Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would assume that it gets plea bargained down...I honestly don't expect much to come from the criminal side of this. If he spent a year in jail, I'd kind of be surprised. Depends on the judge, most likely. 

Uhh if its true he murdered someone,  pretty sure thats criminal and in Nevada thats minimum 2 year sentence and he could likely face up to 15 years in jail. Dont see how you can say dont expect much on criminal side just cause he is a football player doesnt mean he will get out of it unscathed. 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's absolutely egregious, but it's the reality.

Donte Stallworth's case isn't as clear-cut as "drunk person kills someone."

In fact, he likely would have been found innocent if the case went to trial.  It was Stallworth who pushed for the trial not to happen and instead be found guilty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

What's the difference between ba DUI resulting in death and a DUI manslaughter? 

I remember done stallworth got the DUI manslaughter and he ended up suspended for a year

Not sure of all the details of the two cases, but probably just different in name.  States have different names for the same offenses,  the elements of the offense are the same, it’s just called something different.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I would assume that it gets plea bargained down...I honestly don't expect much to come from the criminal side of this. If he spent a year in jail, I'd kind of be surprised. Depends on the judge, most likely. 

I'm going to issue a warning to myself. Bad sammymvpknight...very bad.

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ruggs was one of my favorite Raiders. Dude was turning the corner and truly becoming a special weapon. And he threw it all away, and worst of all killed someone. Absolutely inexcusable.

Go to hell Ruggs.

He deserves 20 years in prison. I hate to say it but what he did is completely inexcusable. His career is over.

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Uhh if its true he murdered someone,  pretty sure thats criminal and in Nevada thats minimum 2 year sentence and he could likely face up to 15 years in jail. Dont see how you can say dont expect much on criminal side just cause he is a football player doesnt mean he will get out of it unscathed. 

Because I expect that he will plea it down to something lower. He has no reason to fight the charge. If he could plea it down to Vehicular Manslaughter (if approved) which is considered a misdemeanor. That's why I amended to say that it will depend on the judge. But even if he ends up with the felony, I don't expect that he'll be on the higher end of the punishment spectrum, and as @MWil23 said earlier, Stallworth basically spent a month in jail. 

Even if Ruggs spends a year in jail...is it that big of a deal? I honestly don't think so. He spends a year in jail and probably goes right back to playing in the NFL. 

I don't understand why people always focus on the amount of money someone makes in these types of situations. Yeah, he's a millionaire... it doesn't take that to call a taxi, Uber, ride the bus, or call a friend for a ride. Nobody should drive while impaired, regardless of the amount of money they have.

Sad story all-around. Feel bad for all people involved.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

It’s not just because he’s a football player.  A lot of people, especially first time offenders, get extremely light sentences for very serious crimes.  Including those involving death.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nevada isn't playing. He will be in prison.

from his wiki bio:

Ruggs credits his late friend Roderic Scott with encouraging him to play football in high school. Scott died in a car accident at 17 years of age, and Ruggs honors him with a three-fingered salute after every touchdown because Scott wore number 3 on the basketball court.