WR Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident

.Buzz

8 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Nevada isn't playing. He will be in prison.

They might be playing. I'm wondering what the politics of the Raiders being the new cash cow is Vegas will play into this. NFL fans are notoriously low-ethic when it comes to justifying atrocious behaviors by talented players and I could see the league pulling some strings to minimize the black eye of the situation by "making it go away"--no more than a year in jail, an organized/calculated P.R. "awareness" lap for a short time after before it becomes something the announcers and pundits are encouraged to stay away from.

@cynicalTayne

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

It’s not just because he’s a football player.  A lot of people, especially first time offenders, get extremely light sentences for very serious crimes.  Including those involving death.  

First time offenders for murdering someone I dont care how you put it you took someones life while driving drunk. Nevada isnt lenient they are going to sentence him some serious time. This isnt florida in which Stallworth got lucky and only served 30 days as they do probation up to 15 year, Nevada minimum 2 years to 20 years on dui homicide. 

Just now, iknowcool said:

And I absolutely understand why you would feel that way.  You don't have to care about how feels.  I'm just arguing that it shouldn't define him as a person, and that locking him up for decades won't solve the very real problem that exists in America. 

I am not from America so I won't touch that last part. But the league needs to make an example out of him imo. People saying Little, Stallworth, etc got off scott free so Ruggs may too. Nah man, f that. Throw the absolute ban hammer at Ruggs. Raiders get every cent back from him possible. Let him return kicks in the Mexico for all I care.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Eh but at what point do we stop coddling the wealthy? He should be punished as anyone else is for it. 

I'm not saying he should be coddled.  But as someone else mentioned, first-time offenders don't get punished nearly as severely as one would think.  

My argument is that punishing those who drink-and-drive doesn't solve the reason why people drink-and-drive in the first place.  People don't drink-and-drive because they think they are going to crash and kill someone.  It is a problem that isn't solved by just waiting until DUI-related deaths happen so you can lock 'em up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

First of all and more importantly, this is horrible and unacceptable. Someone died for no reason. 1000% avoidable. Ruggs is an idiot. 

Second, our season is over. Gg to our offense, built around our young ascending wr. I swear we are cursed.

Now the Raiders got another massive distraction they have to deal with it. So selfish and inexcusable.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1