WR Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

First of all and more importantly, this is horrible and unacceptable. Someone died for no reason. 1000% avoidable. Ruggs is an idiot. 

Second, our season is over. Gg to our offense, built around our young ascending wr. I swear we are cursed.

Cursed? You all have a history of hiring and signing ****ty people. These are the consequences of the choices you make.

8 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Stallworth only got 30 days in prison and a 1 year suspension. Would expect same for Ruggs.

At face value they seem like very different cases but we’ll see as more details emerge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Pretty sure every NFL player gets a substantial Lyft credit every year. So he wouldn’t even need to pay for a ride.

Is that what it is now?

Back in the day NFL had contracts with drivers in most cities that players could use free of charge, at least that was what I always heard.

Regardless, lots of people who aren’t wealthy still manage to find Ubers or DDs when they’re out drinking. It’s not hard to do.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hard to say since nothing has been established yet. As I mentioned before, a lot can just depend on the judge that you get. The prosecutor as well. 

Again, not that it’s the point really, but since we’re talking about factors that will influence the outcome, you haven’t mentioned the identity that (in my experience) probably plays the biggest role of all in these sorts of cases — the victim. A significant portion of the die is likely already cast for Mr. Ruggs, based solely on who the person was that lost their life at his hands. 

Just now, Derptacular said:

From a football side of things, the Raiders were only carrying 4 WR after letting Snead go (Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Zay)

deadline is in about an hour. you'd think they'd make calls for DeSean Jackson, Brandin Cooks...

Trequan Smith 😈

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

At face value they seem like very different cases but we’ll see as more details emerge.

I don't see how they could even be comparable from a legal standpoint. Different states, different laws. The only similarity is that a drunk driver killed someone. Even the context of the accident (vehicle-on-vehicle vs. vehicle-on-pedestrian) is different. 

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Is that what it is now?

Back in the day NFL had contracts with drivers in most cities that players could use free of charge, at least that was what I always heard.

Regardless, lots of people who aren’t wealthy still manage to find Ubers or DDs when they’re out drinking. It’s not hard to do.

I don’t go out drinking that much but when I do me and my buddies get an Uber and spilt the costs. It’s so simple I don’t get why that’s so hard.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't see how they could even be comparable from a legal standpoint. Different states, different laws. The only similarity is that a drunk driver killed someone. Even the context of the accident (vehicle-on-vehicle vs. vehicle-on-pedestrian) is different. 

And we know that Mr Reyes, the man killed by Stallworth’s drunk driving, had entered the street (highway, actually) in front of Stallworth in an area where pedestrians weren’t supposed to be.

Regardless of how people feel that should have or have not played a factor for Stallworth, it makes the situations incomparable. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

And we know that Mr Reyes, the man killed by Stallworth’s drunk driving, had entered the street (highway, actually) in front of Stallworth in an area where pedestrians weren’t supposed to be.

Regardless of how people feel that should have or have not played a factor for Stallworth, it makes the situations incomparable. 

Indeed. It's why I always have trouble when people just see "DUI and someone died" and immediately jump to compare the situation to Donte Stallworth and his prison sentence.