WR Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

When the Gruden stuff came out the team laid an enormous egg vs. the Bears. Then the team rallied after Gruden was axed... but now this? I just don't see a team overcoming so much negativity and distractions.

I don't think it's that bad. Ruggs was getting better as a WR, but he wasn't exactly lighting it up. Trade for D Jax and keep it moving.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think it's that bad. Ruggs was getting better as a WR, but he wasn't exactly lighting it up. Trade for D Jax and keep it moving.

Then you haven't been watching him much. Dude was constantly open. He honestly could have had another 4 tds if Carr hit him deep. He was turning into a legit superstar, one other players and coaches constantly praised about having to scheme specifically for him and Waller.

This sets our team back substantially. Short term and long. A 34 year old Desean Jackson isn't in the same universe as Ruggs was.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Then you haven't been watching him much. Dude was constantly open. He honestly could have had another 4 tds if Carr hit him deep. He was turning into a legit superstar, one other players and coaches constantly praised about having to scheme specifically for him and Waller.

This sets our team back substantially. Short term and long. A 34 year old Desean Jackson isn't in the same universe as Ruggs was.

Completely agree with this. I'm not too sure how Ruggs plays football after this both in terms of possible imprisonment or exempt list or mental health associated with taking someone else's life. He was turning into the real deal though

Edited by Dbrog24

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I haven't, but he was averaging 3 catches a game. Superstar seems a bit of hyperbole. He was turning into a good deep threat, but not all around WR. He was basically becoming D Jax.

Edited by Jeezla

I don’t like comparing to the Donte Stallworth situation. 

Donte was drunk, slept it off, and drove home in the morning. He was still barely over the limit and hit a pedestrian crossing a highway where he shouldn’t have been. It was dumb and negligent but it was a tragic accident in a situation think most people are capable of putting themselves in. 

what Ruggs allegedly did was extremely dangerous and far more calculated. Stallworth tried to do the right thing he just woke up 30 minutes too early. 

• Like 11

I ordered a Nike Vapor Elite Ruggs jersey one week ago, afterwards my girlfriend fought with me saying getting a current player is dumb because they don’t last long and you never know what’s gonna happen, I assured her Ruggs is breaking out this season and is under contract 4 more years.  

Welp… out a good tree fiddy. Can’t return custom items. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I haven't, but he was averaging 3 catches a game. Superstar seems a bit of hyperbole. He was turning into a good deep threat, but not all around WR. He was basically becoming D Jax.

Interesting you admit to not watching him yet say with confidence he's just a good deep threat and is becoming a certain player.

All good though.

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting you admit to not watching him yet say with confidence he's just a good deep threat and is becoming a certain player.

All good though.

No, I admitted to not watching him a lot. Bottom line, if you average 3 catches a game, you aren't a good all around WR, and definitely not a superstar. He needs to get up to 5 catches a game on average, then we can say he's more than deep threat.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I would assume that it gets plea bargained down...I honestly don't expect much to come from the criminal side of this. If he spent a year in jail, I'd kind of be surprised. Depends on the judge, most likely. 

It's a Class B felony in Nevada with a minimum sentence of 2 years in prison (max of 20).  Maybe one of the legal eagles around here ( @jrry32) want to chime in, but very rarely do you see a DA willing to plead down a felony that results in the death of an innocent anything below manslaughter, but by my understanding of vehicle codes related to DUI (which is relatively extensive because I had a family member who was killed by a drunk driver) if there is alcohol involved there would have to be a serious hole in the DA's case to get them to plead down homicide to manslaughter when the offender was so clearly negligent and capable of preventing the altercation.  This is - and would/should be looked at significantly differently - than causing a death due to reckless driving (e.g. excessive speeding, etc.).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I don’t go out drinking that much but when I do me and my buddies get an Uber and spilt the costs. It’s so simple I don’t get why that’s so hard.

And to further point out on this... it's Vegas.  There are more limos in regular operation in Las Vegas at any given time than just about any other major metro (and I'm including Hollywood and Manhattan in that - which may eclipse Vegas if you include hired towncars and large SUV's with drivers in "limo service," but in Vegas proper they're still more readily available than in either of those locales in terms of wait-time).  i don't expect pro athletes to act like "the commonfolk" and take rideshares, but when you've got the means (read: "$$$") and you elect not to use the considerable resources available to you to avoid situations that can be perilous to yourself not to mention others, I have absolutely no pity for you.

• Like 2