Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident; Charged with DUI resulting in death; Released

42 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He probably should take almost whatever plea they offer him. Best thing he can do now is play nice.

Dude's not getting pled down. 

Illegal firearm, drunk as hell, going what, 4x the speed limit, killed someone, and video is of him making an *** of himself....

Prosecutor's dream right there. He's doing a long time. 

• Like 1

Like I said last night. I'm afraid he is done. 150+ mph. Twice the legal limit. Not attempting to help (I think because he couldn't walk tbh) they are going to make an example out of him. And they are still adding charges. Looking at 2 to 46 years. I'd bet he gets 15 minimum most likely 20+. What a damn shame!! My heart breaks for the girl. But honestly for him as well. I think he should be done in the NFL I even think he should go.to jail for many moons. But all that being said he is a very young man who made some very bad decisions. In his shoes I would be devastated. Not because of my life being lost but hers. And later I'm sure it would hit me that mine was done for as well. Still praying for all involved.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Illegal firearm, drunk as hell, going what, 4x the speed limit, killed someone, and video is of him making an *** of himself....

Yeah his life is pretty much over. At least as a free man.

1 minute ago, BigD1123 said:

Like I said last night. I'm afraid he is done. 150+ mph. Twice the legal limit. Not attempting to help (I think because he couldn't walk tbh) they are going to make an example out of him. And they are still adding charges. Looking at 2 to 46 years. I'd bet he gets 15 minimum most likely 20+. What a damn shame!! My heart breaks for the girl. But honestly for him as well. I think he should be done in the NFL I even think he should go.to jail for many moons. But all that being said he is a very young man who made some very bad decisions. In his shoes I would be devastated. Not because of my life being lost but hers. And later I'm sure it would hit me that mine was done for as well. Still praying for all involved.

Yeah, there's no joy to be found in any of this. 

Absolute worst case horror scenario all around. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, there's no joy to be found in any of this. 

Absolute worst case horror scenario all around. 

None. If someone doesn't find it heartbreaking all the way around then they're just out of touch with reality. These people won't get a do-over

His girlfriend was with him. Can’t imagine how she was okay with letting him drive home drunk. He’s the biggest idiot here, but I’d put some blame on her too. I’ve gotten into altercations with friends to prevent them from driving drunk. I think we all have a responsibility to prevent bad things from happening.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

His girlfriend was with him. Can’t imagine how she was okay with letting him drive home drunk. He’s the biggest idiot here, but I’d put some blame on her too. I’ve gotten into altercations with friends to prevent them from driving drunk. I think we all have a responsibility to prevent bad things from happening.

Yep. 

Dated a girl once who got stupid drunk one night after a show. She threw a fit when I told her I was driving (I didn't have any since I had work the next morning and that's a huge no-no). She got belligerent in the car so I pulled over and called her an Uber and took her car key with me. Went and picked her car up for her the next day. 

Didn't work out. She had a problem. But I would 100% do the same thing today. It's really just too easy, especially in a major city, not to screw up. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. 

Dated a girl once who got stupid drunk one night after a show. She threw a fit when I told her I was driving (I didn't have any since I had work the next morning and that's a huge no-no). She got belligerent in the car so I pulled over and called her an Uber and took her car key with me. Went and picked her car up for her the next day. 

Didn't work out. She had a problem. But I would 100% do the same thing today. It's really just too easy, especially in a major city, not to screw up. 

That’s what I’m saying. If your SO really let you drive home at 150 miles an hour, you really can’t pick em. I’m sorry.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Is there a video of him making an *** of himself? 

Edited by jpaulthe1st