Jets trade TE Dan Brown to Chiefs for G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

RaidersAreOne

He was a starter before opting out last year. As a physician, he wanted to help out in his Canadian hometown with COVID. Je was expecting to battle for a starting role this year but broke his hand in August. Since the Chiefs got a top OG in FA and drafted their well playing starting OC this past draft, it left LDT out as a starter.

Is he good, IDK, but as others have said, he’s got to be better than GVR. 

Wow, I have been calling for this for a long time! Very happy that I have a local guy to root for on my team! He is clearly a better human being than an offensive guard, but he is definitely an upgrade for us.

Plus with Brown gone, we can get a longer look at Yeboah. Win-win.

Edited by Jag68Sid87

He was a starter on a Super Bowl winning team, opted out, team got younger without losing on quality at the position and under a rookie contract, became expendable and the Jets have a need at G. GVR day's are numbered as a starter, Douglas had to do something, the tape don't lie.

I like this trade a lot. i think he can come in and start over GVR no problem. I think if he does well the Jets can cross off the RG spot as a need next year. All this for a TE who never really sees the field and is more of a special teams guy. I hope to see hims start next week. I really don't want to see him tomorrow night because he does not have the time to get caught up on a Thursday night game.