2022 College Football Playoff Rankings Discussion

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Remind me which team is Georgia's top win again? Cincinnati definitely had an argument for #3 over Georgia.

I'm not arguing that Georgia played a gauntlet schedule, but their SEC schedule is leaps and bounds tougher then the Cincinnati's AAC schedule.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Untrue. They couldn’t put them over the team that was undefeated and beat them. That’s common sense.

That's my point.  If it was about money, Notre Dame would have gotten in despite the fact that Cincinnati had H2H over them.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not arguing that Georgia played a gauntlet schedule, but their SEC schedule is leaps and bounds tougher then the Cincinnati's AAC schedule.

That's your opinion.

Cincinnati didn't lose, handled their business as they were asked, beat the team that finished #5 in the final CFP poll. Cincinnati had two wins over 11 win teams, including Notre Dame and, most importantly, had a goose egg in the loss column. They definitely had a case over UGA at #3. You're just using perception of how the media portrays the SEC as a way to make your argument. Resume wise, Cincinnati 100% had an argument and that's inarguable.

Georgia's best win was either 9-3 Clemson, 9-3 Kentucky or 8-4 Arkansas, while also having a late season loss in which they looked like they didn't belong on the same field as Alabama.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's my point.  If it was about money, Notre Dame would have gotten in despite the fact that Cincinnati had H2H over them.

It is about money and they can’t put Notre Dame because then it’s too obvious that it’s about money. It’s not hard to get.

22 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

It is about money and they can’t put Notre Dame because then it’s too obvious that it’s about money. It’s not hard to get.

You can't claim it's about money, and then admit that they left out a more valuable program.  If it were the case about being unbeaten, you'd be parading Cincinnati as your #1 team.  But I doubt you are.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You can't claim it's about money, and then admit that they left out a more valuable program.  If it were the case about being unbeaten, you'd be parading Cincinnati as your #1 team.  But I doubt you are.

Lol still don’t get it but that’s okay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

when he played dude looked average as hell at OSU. And he didn't play often.

He didn’t have the most reliable of hands and had some fumble issues. With that said, he was a good deep threat the few times they gave him those opportunities and was explosive when he actually had the ball. They should have been more intentional getting the ball in his hands. He was going to be the fourth receiver this year and had lost his spot in the spring to Jaxon Smith-Njigba. Can’t fault him for transferring, he has tremendous abilities and is getting the most of his opportunities at Alabama. It’s also hard to say that wrong move was made for the top three receivers at Ohio State. Those are three likely first round guys. Jameson for Heisman though. He changes the way defense has to defend, and Alabama has made the most of his speed.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

That's your opinion.

Cincinnati didn't lose, handled their business as they were asked, beat the team that finished #5 in the final CFP poll. Cincinnati had two wins over 11 win teams, including Notre Dame and, most importantly, had a goose egg in the loss column. They definitely had a case over UGA at #3. You're just using perception of how the media portrays the SEC as a way to make your argument. Resume wise, Cincinnati 100% had an argument and that's inarguable.

Georgia's best win was either 9-3 Clemson, 9-3 Kentucky or 8-4 Arkansas, while also having a late season loss in which they looked like they didn't belong on the same field as Alabama.

Exactly. 

Cincinnati vs top 5 opponents: 1-0

Georgia vs top 5 opponents: 0-1 

Both deserve to be in conversation, but when the big boys came to play, one team handled their business while the other got punked around. 

• Like 1