2022 College Football Playoff Rankings Discussion

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I turned on #MACtion because I don't need to here the gobbledygook that comes out of Barta's mouth and then ESPN's reasonings behind it.

I get it, Alabama is one of the four best teams, but let’s not pretend to look at preseason top 25 rankings to arbitrarily justify that spot, especially considering they almost lost to a mediocre to bad Florida team who currently isn’t even playing that same quarterback as well.

• Like 1

What a joke. 

Cincy is gonna get hosed. 

If Ohio St. beats Michigan State, they'll effectively swap places. Michigan beats Ohio St (lol) and they'd swap spots. 

If one of those 3 don't win out, Ok St or Oklahoma will slide in behind Oregon or ahead of them should they lose. 

Loser of the inevitable Georgia-Bama chip game probably cucks Cincy by taking 5th. 

Cincy basically needs a 2 loss Alabama, a 1 loss Big 12 champion, a 2 loss Oregon, and a 1 loss Big 10 champ to get into 4th.

20 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

What a joke. 

Cincy is gonna get hosed. 

If Ohio St. beats Michigan State, they'll effectively swap places. Michigan beats Ohio St (lol) and they'd swap spots. 

If one of those 3 don't win out, Ok St or Oklahoma will slide in behind Oregon or ahead of them should they lose. 

Loser of the inevitable Georgia-Bama chip game probably cucks Cincy by taking 5th. 

Cincy basically needs a 2 loss Alabama, a 1 loss Big 12 champion, a 2 loss Oregon, and a 1 loss Big 10 champ to get into 4th.

UGA is in no matter what if they’re undefeated going into the SECCG. Bama would be out with a loss. 

I still think Cinci winning out would be enough, things ahead of them probably work themselves out. Bama beating UGA could throw a wrench in.

The only way to counter these idiots is to expand the CFP. Let the teams decide it on the field since you pick and choose what to apply based on who you're discussing. Every year, it's something different. One year, quality losses matter (lol) then the next it's only wins that matter. They manipulate resumes with their own rankings (Miss State and Wisconsin have no business being ranked where they are, especially Mississippi State) to decide who has a strong resume and who doesn't.

We are letting the inmates run the asylum with this current structure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The committee’s logic is hilarious. Who has Alabama beaten? And they lost to a team with a few losses. What the difference between them and Oregon, except for the fact that Oregon has a better win? Purely from a resume standpoint.

I mean they have said from the beginning it isn't just resume it is also eye test. And they've also generally said they don't even go to resume stuff if eye test provides a clear difference (that was the OSU over Penn St a few years ago). You can disagree with their eye test determination, I personally don't, but that has always been the case

31 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I mean they have said from the beginning it isn't just resume it is also eye test. And they've also generally said they don't even go to resume stuff if eye test provides a clear difference (that was the OSU over Penn St a few years ago). You can disagree with their eye test determination, I personally don't, but that has always been the case

If they are truly taking the eye test into account, then Oregon doesn't belong over Cincinnati. They lost to Stanford and struggled all game long with Cal. Unless they mean the eye test only matters for teams without big wins. Since, well, they pick and choose when to apply whatever nonsense comes out of their mouths.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If they are truly taking the eye test into account, then Oregon doesn't belong over Cincinnati. They lost to Stanford and struggled all game long with Cal. Unless they mean the eye test only matters for teams without big wins. Since, well, they pick and choose when to apply whatever nonsense comes out of their mouths.

I don't think there is a clear separation of eye test between Cincy and Oregon. You talk about Oregon's struggles but it isn't like Cincy has looked unstoppable. They struggled a bit with Indiana and really didn't look good against Navy. I think Cincy belongs above them on the resume though, so I disagree with them there but I don't think it is the same.

There is a lot about the rankings I don't agree with, Alabama at 2 is not one of those. Yes they lost a game but UGA and them have still been the clear 2 best teams when you watch them play.

17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I don't think there is a clear separation of eye test between Cincy and Oregon. You talk about Oregon's struggles but it isn't like Cincy has looked unstoppable. They struggled a bit with Indiana and really didn't look good against Navy. I think Cincy belongs above them on the resume though, so I disagree with them there but I don't think it is the same.

Perhaps not but one of those two teams has a loss to a 3-5 team and it isn't Cincinnati.