2022 College Football Playoff Rankings Discussion

beekay414

All they were doing with this is trying to set up both Georgia and Alabama to make the final four regardless of the outcome of the SEC Title game

Trash. We should demand all these discussions be public, it will never happen, but thats the only way they are ever going to be held accountable

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

All they were doing with this is trying to set up both Georgia and Alabama to make the final four regardless of the outcome of the SEC Title game

This is my EXACT fear as well.

"Well, Alabama lost to the consensus #1 team in a Conference Title Game and that game should never be used to penalize anyone" logic...AKA "That second loss doesn't count", even though we've seen teams penalized for 2 losses in the past.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

"Well, Alabama lost to the consensus #1 team in a Conference Title Game and that game should never be used to penalize anyone" logic...AKA "That second loss doesn't count", even though we've seen teams penalized for 2 losses in the past.

Moreso than that, they REALLY don't want those two to play in the first round, and are instead setting it up so that they play again in the CFP Championship Game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Everyone should be the biggest Auburn Fans in the Iron Bowl this year

Id love to say LSU this week, but I have no faith in them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Realistically speaking, I'm not sure how the Committee could even allow a 2-loss team in even if one of those losses would be against Georgia.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically speaking, I'm not sure how the Committee could even allow a 2-loss team in even if one of those losses would be against Georgia.

two loss sec champion auburn is absolutely getting in

unless there are 4 other undefeated/1 loss conference champs

Edited by catcheryea

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Alabama dominated their remaining schedule, gets bumped into the 1 spot. Loses to Georgia, fall to 4. We all know they're not above that lol. 

Cincinnati is almost assured to get shafted into the awful 5 spot without multiple teams ahead of and just behind them lurking having 2 losses. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Remember a few years ago when a great 2 loss Auburn team was ranked in the Top 4 before they imploded? That’s how

If Alabama barely loses to Georgia, they're absolutely going to get in because "eye test" and what not. 

Just expand the damn playoff. You'll make more money and you'll end up getting the matchups you want if you truly believe certain teams are above others. No more manipulating the data set to fit the narrative either.

I'd rather argue the merits of 12 vs 13 rather than 4 vs 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Am I really the minority that says they'll never include a two loss team?

I wouldn't say never, it would just be a rare occurrence, dependent on who else is behind those teams.  A crazy season like 2007 would've had 2 loss teams, in the playoff.  BCS took a 2-loss LSU, before even expanding to 4.  The committee would've had to have to taken 2 loss teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I wouldn't say never, it would just be a rare occurrence, dependent on who else is behind those teams.  A crazy season like 2007 would've had 2 loss teams, in the playoff.  BCS took a 2-loss LSU, before even expanding to 4.  The committee would've had to have to taken 2 loss teams. 

A valid point. Definitely a huge exception to the rule. I just can't see them including a two loss Bama team this year after losing to an unranked team and not being a conference champ. You are right that I shouldn't say "never" though especially if they expand to 12 b/c I bet it will happen often.

27 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A valid point. Definitely a huge exception to the rule. I just can't see them including a two loss Bama team this year after losing to an unranked team and not being a conference champ. You are right that I shouldn't say "never" though especially if they expand to 12 b/c I bet it will happen often.

Yeah, definitely an exception, and unless some really funky stuff happens late in this season, I don't think they'd take a 2 loss team this year, either.  If they can lose, while still winning the West, and then beat an undefeated Georgia, it does set up a weird scenario with having them at 2 now.  CFP poll is a lot more dynamic than the AP though.  They just kind of move teams around, as they please, week to week it seems. 

At 12 teams, I think we are going to regularly see multiple 3 loss teams in.    

• Like 1