How should the Lions approach the draft  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preferred choice?

• Ignore QB in this draft
    • Draft a QB with the first pick
    • Draft a QB with the first from LAR
    • Draft a QB in the second or subsequent rounds

14 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I left Willis off intentionally.  I’m not a fan.  He is toolsy QB for sure.  But I don’t think he’s any good.  Honestly if you can’t dominate at that level I just don’t see it at the NFL level.  I think Howell is my guy and I’m using the term “my guy” pretty loosely here.  I don’t really like any of them. I didn’t know that about Strong.  I heard he had a knee issue from high school didn’t know it was still an issue or that he had another/more issues with it.  I just don’t think we should force it in this draft.  

I think Goff sucks.  Like he truly sucks, but somehow I think he can lead us to 6-7 wins if he has some weapons and the Oline is healthy...and a good defense... all I’m saying is I think next year we should see a better Jared Goff and just hope that the 2023 draft has some QBs

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a prospect as a "toolsy QB"  The same could have been said for Josh Allen.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-allen-7.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/malik-willis-1.html

3 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a prospect as a "toolsy QB"  The same could have been said for Josh Allen.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-allen-7.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/malik-willis-1.html

That’s a good point.  I just don’t know if I want to be the team to do it.  I feel like Allen is more the anomaly than the norm.  If he’s there at the top of the 2nd sure I wouldn’t be that upset but I’d rather take a player that will make an immediate impact.  I feel like the S, WR, or LB positions will line up perfectly for us to grab at least 2 impact players at those positions.  I just don’t know if I want to sink a resource into a QB that I think the following year wouldn’t be considered a top pick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fix secondary and lber in fa

Get you a pass rusher in round one

Take bpa with other round one

I'd like to see these picks just shopped around after the first pick. Look more to acquiring picks next year so we can get a qb then

Even if it meant losing on the deal a little....

That rams pick needs to be shopped hard

4 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Fix secondary and lber in fa

Get you a pass rusher in round one

Take bpa with other round one

I'd like to see these picks just shopped around after the first pick. Look more to acquiring picks next year so we can get a qb then

Even if it meant losing on the deal a little....

That rams pick needs to be shopped hard

If the right team wants to trade up into the first round and we get enough in return, that second first round pick could be very valuable.  It would be nice to have at least one more second round pick or add a relatively young/ascending talent.  We need a ton of help at WR and LB.

Edited by Just Want A Title

On 11/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, Just Want A Title said:

If the right team wants to trade up into the first round and we get enough in return, that second first round pick could be very valuable.  It would be nice to have at least one more second round pick or add a relatively young/ascending talent.  We need a ton of help at WR and LB.

They need a ton of help almost everywhere. The Rams pick can most certainly land a top WR.

While they need help they need top tier help the most.