2021: The Offseason of Discontent

hrubes20

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Reds sending Winker and Suarez to the Mariners for Fraley, Dunn and Williamson, while also assuming the remaining 3/$35m on Suarez

Amazing job by the M’s here. Don’t lose any of our top prospects to get an elite left handed bat. Suarez gives us some insurance at 3B if we can’t land Bryant or Story and is a fun DH / rotational piece at the very least. 

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Reds sending Winker and Suarez to the Mariners for Fraley, Dunn and Williamson, while also assuming the remaining 3/$35m on Suarez

Ah man, Winker is such a great get. Williamson is a good get for the Reds, but damn I'm happy to get Winker. Also happy that Fraley is going to get regular playing time.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Joel Sherman -  My perception of Freeman market: 1. Dodgers make sense, but how far will ownership take payroll without clarification on Bauer's playing (and paying) status for season. 2. BlueJays are stalking horse. Other clubs perceive they have $$ to spend and could form a super lineup with Freeman. Would he go there? 3. Yankees really comes down to if Hal Steinbrenner allows long-term expenditure when wants to also extend Judge and has Cole/Stanton on books already into late 30s -- plus now Donaldson for $50M over next 2 yrs. Rays they are the backup plan to the backup plan, but they haven't surrendered and are seeing what happens to the field in front of them. 5. As my friend, Jon Heyman points out regularly, there are almost always mystery teams. Boston? Seattle? Texas?

If we don't resign Schwarber, having Freddie would be huge. 

15 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Well considering Schwarber is from Waltham, I like Boston's chances. Freeman would be better for us defensively though 

Freeman would be a good add to a lot of teams....hence, my reluctance to see him on BOS's roster. I've liked Schwarber from afar for some years. He can hit the ball well but I've no clue where he'll end up.  'd rather you have him than Freeman thats for sure :)

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Jon Heyman -  Red Sox have joined the Freddie Freeman sweepstakes as things get more interesting. Teams known to be in now: the Dodgers plus 4 from AL East: Yankees, Rays and Jays, too

Yeah, Freeman on the Rays would be fun.  But have they ever spent anywhere close to that much money before?

9 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, Freeman on the Rays would be fun.  But have they ever spent anywhere close to that much money before?

No, no.....unless he's on the NYY (which appears unlikely....) then he doesnt need to be in the AL East.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

99.99% chance it's fake interest to convince dopes that the Rays aren't cheapskates. The Islanders used to pull this stuff all the time under previous ownership.