2021: The Offseason of Discontent

hrubes20

4 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Maybe that's enough money for some people.

Yeah I don't get when people say things like this. 223 million dollars. The guy and his family are set for LIFE. Get it out of the way and done and focus on baseball. I would strongly prefer this approach if I was in the same situation.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's ridiculous. He's really cheap (575K) with three years of Arb ahead of him. Unless they're thinking the new labor agreement is gonna wipe out the Arb years?
Would love the Yankees to be on this - but doubt they will (or that BALT would trade him to us). Bottom line - if they move him, I just hope he ends up out of the ALEast.

Edited by Leader

3 hours ago, Leader said:

That's ridiculous. He's really cheap (575K) with three years of Arb ahead of him. Unless they're thinking the new labor agreement is gonna wipe out the Arb years?
Would love the Yankees to be on this - but doubt they will (or that BALT would trade him to us). Bottom line - if they move him, I just hope he ends up out of the ALEast.

I would assume it's more of the "make us an offer we can't say no to" kind of demands.  Baltimore isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and he just posted a 5 WAR season.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 6:07 PM, Eagles27 said:

Giants bring back their rotation. 

As weird as it is, I think I would have brought back one, but not both. I feel like if you're just trying to run it back with a team that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over achieved, you're going to get very disappointed. 

DeSclafani had the better year, but I'm not convinced that he has the better stuff all the time. Given that he has longer term and is older, think I would have let him go to market and re-signed Wood 

• Like 1