Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Too bad it didn't all work out. Strange that Baker and OBJ couldn't find a way to get on the same page. I don't know what OBJ did to get himself dismissed from the team, but if he's resorting to childish antics that's obviously wasn't going to help his situation in Cleveland. Perhaps he thought acting like a child would be the best way to get out of town though. I don't know. There have been more talented receivers with less to work with at QB that were able to make it happen. 

The list of guys with his talent is pretty short. Also if you’re QB can’t find you repeatedly and even when he does is hit and miss, then you’re point about other WRs having a lot less is kinda irrelevant when Odell with a washed up Eli never had this problem. So I guess Odell is one of those guys you’re referring to.

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, as with most things it's 'a little from column A, a little from B' etc

Same thing with the Wentz debacle with us. I dislike Carson like I’m sure Browns fans are disliking Odell now, but it would be ignorant to act like it wasn’t a failure by all involved. It’s easy to just lob the blame on one person. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Same thing with the Wentz debacle with us. I dislike Carson like I’m sure Browns fans are disliking Odell now, but it would be ignorant to act like it wasn’t a failure by all involved. It’s easy to just lob the blame on one person. 

I regret the day we traded for him. He never matched the city and I didnt think it would help Baker who always liked to spread the love around. 

36 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I regret the day we traded for him. He never matched the city and I didnt think it would help Baker who always liked to spread the love around. 

I get what you mean. Carson didn’t fit Philly either. He was better off in a smaller market without a fanbase and  media that is tough on players. 

But, back to Beckham I remember watching this video Brett Kollmann put out about the disconnect with Mayfield and OBJ before the season started. Sucks that it still hasn’t happened. This Browns season in general has been disappointing with Baker being banged up and a bunch of guys coming and going with injuries. All those close losses to the Chargers, Chiefs, and now Steelers. This team is definitely top 5 in the league as far as talent and should be something like 5-3 at least. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

The list of guys with his talent is pretty short. Also if you’re QB can’t find you repeatedly and even when he does is hit and miss, then you’re point about other WRs having a lot less is kinda irrelevant when Odell with a washed up Eli never had this problem. So I guess Odell is one of those guys you’re referring to.

Why is Baker having more success when throwing to everyone else though that isn't on OBJ's talent level? 

Also, maybe OBJ in New York isn't the same as he was in Cleveland? Regardless all this manufactured drama from Odell with his dad, not talking with coach or Baker, etc. just isn't painting a quality picture with his character. OBJ will be on another team soon and if he doesn't pop off like dynamite it will certainly be interesting to say the least. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Why is Baker having more success when throwing to everyone else though that isn't on OBJ's talent level? 

Also, maybe OBJ in New York isn't the same as he was in Cleveland? Regardless all this manufactured drama from Odell with his dad, not talking with coach or Baker, etc. just isn't painting a quality picture with his character. OBJ will be on another team soon and if he doesn't pop off like dynamite it will certainly be interesting to say the least. 

We'll see if Baker can be elite now, NO EXCUSES.

We talk about a banged up Baker, and rightfully so, but OBJ is banged up too. While I think he's been bad on crucial moments, so has Baker, this situation is a mess.

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

He's been average at best even when thrown to.  Has dropped 2 critical 4th down conversions while wide open and hasn't been getting looked at since.  One of those drops directly lost us the Chargers games.

He's made twice as much as Mayfield has during his tenure with the Browns.  Mayfield is gutting out a serious injury, he's getting daddy to cry for him on social media.  Doesn't matter what you think of Mayfield's ability.  OBJ is a loser, and has no class.

Yougotknockeddafuckout GIF - Yougotknockeddafuckout GIFs