Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

I’d imagine part of this is gonna depend on what OBJ wants.

If he wants released to join the franchise of his choosing, I’d imagine they’re going to want 100% of his remaining money back.  And I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

If he doesn’t wanna give up any money he likely has 3 options.

1. Agree to IR as he is banged up, leave the team, and start healing up and preparing for the offseason/his next team. This at least allows the Browns to regain his roster spot.

2. Sit at home and collect checks.

3. Browns force his hand, make him play and if/when he does more dumb ish, suspend him.  I really don’t think this is gonna happen, but I guess it’s possible.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

3. Browns force his hand, make him play and if/when he does more dumb ish, suspend him.  I really don’t think this is gonna happen, but I guess it’s possible.

...not as possible as you'd think. Trust me, I know.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This was clearly orchestrated with intent. He wanted out on his terms and didn't care about the team...kinda like AB...

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And like I’ve said before, if this was all just a big misunderstanding, he’d have come out and said so. The video would have been taken down or at least addressed.  He’d be answering his coach’s calls. None of this has happened.

He’s frustrated (justifiably) and wants out and this is how he decided to do it.  

People acting like “buh whud he do?!?” are as I’ve said previously, oblivious or being obtuse.

Literally said in here a few months back that this will go off the rails if Stefanski couldn't figure out how to get Baker to play better with Odell. And I've been saying this is basically on Baker since 2019.

There isn't a talented WR in the league that wouldn't eventually point fingers and publicly criticize in the same situation. Tbh, I give the guy credit for being quiet for so long. Frustration boiling over was 100% inevitable. I'm way more upset with this inexplicably not working out, then how he and his family are trying to get him off the team.

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Literally said in here a few months back that this will go off the rails if Stefanski couldn't figure out how to get Baker to play better with Odell. And I've been saying this is basically on Baker since 2019.

There isn't a talented WR in the league that wouldn't eventually point fingers and publicly criticize in the same situation. Tbh, I give the guy credit for being quiet for so long. Frustration boiling over was 100% inevitable. I'm way more upset with this inexplicably not working out, then how he and his family are trying to get him off the team.

He needed to request the trade at least  a week ago. He wanted to get released not traded. Diva.

17 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Literally said in here a few months back that this will go off the rails if Stefanski couldn't figure out how to get Baker to play better with Odell.

Who’s arguing this?  

And I've been saying this is basically on Baker since 2019.

We know.

Every fan is upset it didn’t work out, but the fact it didn’t doesn’t mean he gets to act like an arse and it’s ok.

Like, most employers aren’t having this nonsense. No one cares that he wants out or is frustrated.  You literally just quoted me as saying I understand why he’s frustrated, but this isn’t how an adult, a professional acts.

If you disagree, cool, we can agree to disagree because I’m not moving off my stance there.

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

An 8 game tryout isn't gonna hurt us.  If he isnt what he should be then he will be cut first day of the new calenders year.  Jags need to give Lawrence the weapons he deserved to take advantage of his cheap rookie contract. 

but your counting on him actually showing up and playing. I am missing the point as to why anyone would find this guy appealing to be on your team. Yes he could have talent but at the same time he can also make comments or have his daddy post a video of your qb messing up. Hes just not a team player he is out for himself and all your doing is adding poison to an unwanted spot. He isnt going to change he has shown that with NY and now Cleveland going to a team that has a struggling oline, a rookie qb, its just not something I would be for. Your better off taking that 8 mil bundling it with money that you will have next year and buy a #1 receiver that would want to be there long term. You have Adams, Godwin, Robinson you can look to go after who arent head cases and would actually benefit your young talented qbs and will help your other young wr corps to get better. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
47 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

How much would he cost a team, do we have an idea?

7+ million for the rest of the season.

And this is why Cleveland hasn't released him yet, because if I can read correctly (completely unsure tbh), New Orleans doesn't have the current cap room to make this happen, hence why the Browns would have had to eat his deal at the deadline.