Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He’s got to clear waivers, then there’s only a limited number of teams who could take on his salary, then apparently it has to be ‘the right team for OBJ’, then you consider that the league is very well stacked with WR talent.:..

The $15M salary only applies if a team claims him off waivers. If OBJ clears waivers, he can sign with a team for whatever he wants.

Agreed though. It’ll ultimately be OBJ’s attitude adjusting or lack thereof that’ll determine his future in the NFL. Was a similarish story with Antonio Brown who was a better player (granted a little older and had legal things going on). 

As much as we are in the age of player empowerment, I don’t think teams have any patience for diva personalities that aren’t QBs. And OBJ’s talent/production don’t justify it anymore, the guy’s got to make a change.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

The ratio at which Odell drops the ball to Baker flat out missing him due to inaccuracy or just lack of field vision is heavily against Baker. Odell drops are something he himself needs takes responsibility for but dude would also drop balls in NY too but it didn’t really matter all that match up because he made it up for it tenfold with his playmaking.

Regardless of Baker's weaknesses when playing with OBJ, he's handling the situation like a professional. Probably can't say the same with OBJ. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Countless of receivers do this. This ain’t exclusive to OBJ. That’s why working in the off-season is key and gaining that understanding. Look at Amari Cooper, DaVante Adams, Keenan Allen. 

No one is saying that it is exclusive to him. He literally mentions playing with Chad Johnson and him doing the same thing.

All I’m saying is when a guy who’s otherwise been known for being an accurate passer all through college and with pretty much every other receiver at the NFL level apparently can’t get it together with a particular receiver, this may be why.

It also kind of explains the stark differences between Baker with and without OBJ.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It wasn’t meant to be a dig at OBJ per se, but just an explanation as to why these two don’t work together.

Baker needs consistency and timing and OBJ isn’t gonna give him that.  But when OBJ ad libs and busts some dudes ankles, Baker can’t readjust and make the throw.

So you're saying he and Mahomes could become best friends

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jags probably can. Will they remains a question but team has an almost blah wr corps

I would want no part of OBJ in Jacksonville.  He is a guy who was once very talented, but it sounds like he is such a diva that he could be more bother than he is now worth.  We can do better than that for Trevor and the rest of the team.

3 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I haven’t held this guy in any sort of esteem since the Josh Norman game, and all he’s done since is affirm my opinion.  Now he doesn’t even have the on field product to justify the personality issues. 

After reading this thread, I'm beginning to think he doesn't even bring enough to the table to justify that stupid hairstyle.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It wasn’t meant to be a dig at OBJ per se, but just an explanation as to why these two don’t work together.

Baker needs consistency and timing and OBJ isn’t gonna give him that.  But when OBJ ad libs and busts some dudes ankles, Baker can’t readjust and make the throw.

Which is also probably why Baker clicks so well with Jarvis Landry and Richard Higgins. Great route runners, in the right place at the right time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope the Raiders land him but not with that wild contract. I think he'd do well with Carr and having reliable talent like Waller and Renfrow around him. He doesn't have to be the guy and have tons of pressure.

We'll see go. I'd also be happy with D-Jax.

with the way the raiders spread targets, might be a matter of time until OBJ starts complaining here too. especially if he does have a little funky timing that would take getting used to. remember, it took Carr a year to really get in sync with Ruggs, though it was instant with some guys like Renfrow and Agholor. hard to say how it will be with DeSean, but evidently with OBJ it might be tough.

5 hours ago, Derptacular said:

with the way the raiders spread targets, might be a matter of time until OBJ starts complaining here too. especially if he does have a little funky timing that would take getting used to. remember, it took Carr a year to really get in sync with Ruggs, though it was instant with some guys like Renfrow and Agholor. hard to say how it will be with DeSean, but evidently with OBJ it might be tough.

It took Carr time to get in sync with Ruggs because he was a rookie that had zero OTA's, a limited training camp, and no preseason. OBJ has been one of the better receivers in the league for a while, although he hasn't been great recently, he's a veteran. The Raiders offense does spread the targets but largely in part to the fact that we haven't really had a true #1 WR. Waller averaged 9 targets per game last year and is averaging just under 9 per game this year. Ruggs was very good but he wasn't ever going to be a high volume guy, he was more like Desean Jackson. I think we'd have plenty of targets for OBJ if he signed with us.