Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’re on the hook unless he agrees to a buyout or something, which he may.  

Imo yes.  Baker’s numbers without him and/or throwing to other receivers are night and day different.  It’s addition by subtraction.

And like I’ve said millions of times, he may still be good, idk, but he and Baker don’t work.

I feel your pain. We had the same thing with Dak and Dez. There was something about their chemistry and how they saw the field that was just off. It seemed like every terrible Dak play was when he would throw to Dez. 

From what I have gathered, Baker and OBJ just dont work, not that its either of them being a bad player. They are just bad together. 

The Browns should have eaten his salary yesterday and traded him to New Orleans to get whatever they offered instead of now likely releasing him...but that said, just pull the trigger and good riddance. 

You post on Instagram that "This **** with Baker may not work after all" and then delete it (purely coincidence I'm sure) the same day your daddy posts a ridiculous video and multiple Browns players like it.

Cut bait and move on. Maybe he'll thrive somewhere else, or maybe it'll be another NY 2019-2021 situation all over again.

Given OBJ's lifestyle and off the field interests, the thriving metropolitan area of Cleveland, Ohio likely wasn't for him anyway, as opposed to Joe Thomas who loved to go fishing in the Great Lakes...I get it. Some people are wired differently, and that's fine.

1 minute ago, HerbertGOAT said:

OBJ makes the Browns worse. It's not coincidence that Baker looks bad when Odell is on the field, and proceeded to have a career year with Odell gone for the majority of 2020. He's got elite WR ego with average production. Not a good fit anymore.

Hes still a good WR, but people need to stop remembering the 2015-2016 Odell and start remembering the 2017-2021 Odell. Its as stupid as every team in the NFL signing Josh Gordon becasue they cant get his 2013 season out of their heads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I’m surprised he didn’t get traded guess either the Browns were asking for to much or the teams wanting OBJ. 

I’m just curious as to when he started being disgruntled.  

It was evident on Sunday he was pissed, and obviously yesterday, but had this been brewing behind the scenes?  If so, the FO is dumb for not moving him.

Honeslty though, I think OBJ wants cut more than traded.  He wants to pick his landing spot, which I understand. I wouldn’t doubt he waited for this exact reason.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It was evident on Sunday he was pissed, and obviously yesterday, but had this been brewing behind the scenes?  If so, the FO is dumb for not moving him.

Honeslty though, I think OBJ wants cut more than traded.  He wants to pick his landing spot, which I understand. I wouldn’t doubt he waited for this exact reason.  

Wasn't he telling teams 2 years ago to come and get him? Doesn't seem like he ever really wanted to be there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

BINGO

Being released after the deadline puts him on waivers, though, so he would have to clear waivers first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Being released after the deadline puts him on waivers, though, so he would have to clear waivers first.

I think any team bring OBJ in without clearing it with him is absolutely asking for it at this point.

Dude has been disgruntled 3 of the last 4 years and the one he wasn’t he was hurt.

Youd better be a good team with a great QB that runs an offense that’s going to target him 8-10 times per game.  Anything else and he’s gonna be a problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm torn on how that plays out. Not a lot of teams can afford the cap hit moving forward without making some changes, but if you think that he can be a solid receiver moving forward, you get two years at $15 million. But he can also threaten not to report to certain teams, cause a stink, etc etc.