Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders are renegotiating contracts to free up some more cap space... 👀

FDbe4GBXMAkgcDR?format=jpg&name=small

Don't they have to just to get under cap after the Ruggs release? They had $3mil in space and his release will cost $5mil more. 

So they're currently at -$2mil in space I believe.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Don't they have to just to get under cap after the Ruggs release? They had $3mil in space and his release will cost $5mil more. 

I think they released the legend that is Peterman to make room for that. 

I'm 50/50 on signing him if I'm honest. The upside is obviously huge but it also has potential to be another huge distraction and go farcically wrong........but after the last few weeks I guess where do we go from here, worth a chance I feel as we could have an opportunity with the Chiefs stumbling a little, opening the door and other contenders leaving wins on the table. We have a chance to be a bit of a surprise team and hopefully the coaching staff can galvanise them into a playoff push.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm sure we can do some salary cap gymnastics to make it work.

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Or maybe, just maybe as Aditi pointed out here....

"The Browns run a rhythm and timing offense that requires the QB to put the ball in a specific spot at a specific time...what if OBJ is just not in the right spots where he should be at the right time. Which is why he looks wide open a lot, but thats not where the play is designed to be or where he should be."

Essentially OBJ freelancing and not running the correct routes and not being in the spots he should be when Baker is in his 1-2-3 OUT dropbacks. 

Here’s the thing. Is there a chance that he freelancing he does is a product of him not getting the ball anyway? Possibly. It’s all speculation but we know for damn sure that he’s open a lot. And I doubt he’s just running any route he wants otherwise the coaching staff would be on him. 

Dude didn’t come into the league doing this. Baker and him never built the understanding to where he can adjust to the way he runs routes. 

This “freelancing” is common place among receivers which is why there is such an emphasis on receivers and QBs getting together in off-season and Training camps 

Edited by Kip Smithers