Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

Yeah I can't really see why any playoff team wouldn't pick him up, if for no other reason than to prevent him from going to another contender.  Like I really think the Panthers would claim him, if he fell that far, to step in front of another team like the Saints.

Seahawks were interested in AB last year, right?  I see them putting in a claim for him too.  That's probably the best-case scenario for him in the top 10.  I like him to the Jags too, but obviously if he's looking to win it would take another year.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can't fathom why either side would have wanted to get to the point where he's going to get claimed by a terrible team.

Cleveland gets nothing

I understand why the Browns would. If they're able to rebound and weather the storm and actually make a run, why run into him at some point and have him wreck your season down the stretch or even in the playoffs as opposed to him getting claimed by a team who won't make it?

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Damn, the Browns really are trying to be jerks ha.

Seems petty. Why not trade him?

This situation is confusing to me

No one wanted him down the stretch. The Saints withdrew their offer/decided not to offer for him.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

No one wanted him down the stretch. The Saints withdrew their offer/decided not to offer for him.

Well I for one approve of them orchestrating his release to make him claimable by bad teams to prevent him from clearing waivers if they could not trade him. That makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, iknowcool said:

Yeah I can't really see why any playoff team wouldn't pick him up, if for no other reason than to prevent him from going to another contender.  Like I really think the Panthers would claim him, if he fell that far, to step in front of another team like the Saints.

Seahawks were interested in AB last year, right?  I see them putting in a claim for him too.  That's probably the best-case scenario for him in the top 10.  I like him to the Jags too, but obviously if he's looking to win it would take another year.

I can think of a big reason -- locker room. I have a hard time comparing it with AB because we also so how much drama that caused before Brady felt he was stong enough to handle him. Also AB was a bit humbled by that point. OBJ seems like a cool dude but if I had a steady WR core, I wouldn't be quick to throw a big personality in the room and change the dynamics and potential mess up room. Why risk that? Contender be damn. Rather trust what I know than mess it up over an unknown. We have seen OBJ these last seasons. No idea where he is.

He will go to team. I hope it works out but I would definitely be using caution if I were a contender front office.

1 minute ago, ACO said:

I can think of a big reason -- locker room. I have a hard time comparing it with AB because we also so how much drama that caused before Brady felt he was stong enough to handle him. Also AB was a bit humbled by that point. OBJ seems like a cool dude but if I had a steady WR core, I wouldn't be quick to throw a big personality in the room and change the dynamics and potential mess up room. Why risk that? Contender be damn. Rather trust what I know than mess it up over an unknown. We have seen OBJ these last seasons. No idea where he is.

He will go to team. I hope it works out but I would definitely be using caution if I were a contender front office.

Maybe this is because I'm coming from an outsiders perspective but OBJ did not come across as a distraction until the last 2 weeks ago.  And even in a thread awhile back, most Browns fans seemed to agree with that and I can try and go pull it up.  

Yeah maybe if you are a team with a bad QB, don't go get him.  But I think he'll be fine otherwise.  

• Like 2