Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Well I for one approve of them orchestrating his release to make him claimable by bad teams to prevent him from clearing waivers if they could not trade him. That makes sense to me.

OBJ's camp agreeing to it, IMO, shows that he wants to be the main guy down the stretch and get paid as opposed to winning.

Granted, he may be trying to parlay that into a trade to a contender, but likely he wants a new deal and just to get some high volume looks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ACO said:

This is one landing spot I would actually like for OBJ.

I'd love OBJ in Baltimore as well. If he thinks he's not getting enough high volume passes going his way in Cleveland, have fun in Baltimore, and just wait until he and his daddy start criticizing an MVP. I'd love it.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think he’s quite the head case that AB was or is and he’s doing pretty good in Tampa now anyways.

True, but I think AB probably would fail anywhere else. Pretty humbling when the greatest player in NFL  history is throwing you the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Here’s the thing. Is there a chance that he freelancing he does is a product of him not getting the ball anyway? Possibly. It’s all speculation but we know for damn sure that he’s open a lot. And I doubt he’s just running any route he wants otherwise the coaching staff would be on him. 

Dude didn’t come into the league doing this. Baker and him never built the understanding to where he can adjust to the way he runs routes. 

This “freelancing” is common place among receivers which is why there is such an emphasis on receivers and QBs getting together in off-season and Training camps 

It's not about reps. Baker doesn't read defenses well. His arm, accuracy and the scheme can make up for it and mask it at times, but he's not good at reading and anticipating. OBJ is reacting to how the defense is playing him, still within the semblance of the route, as most good WR's do, and Baker's just not with him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think he’s quite the head case that AB was or is and he’s doing pretty good in Tampa now anyways.

I don't either, but he just left a team with no chemistry with an average QB, put him in the same exact situation and he might become the distraction (just by the media) that you don't want

1 minute ago, BrownLeader said:

It's not about reps. Baker doesn't read defenses well. His arm, accuracy and the scheme can make up for it and mask it at times, but he's not good at reading and anticipating. OBJ is reacting to how the defense is playing him, still within the semblance of the route, as most good WR's do, and Baker's just not with him.

I saw some commentator going on about how Baker throws very specifically. Clearly the DC have figured that out. That makes it hard for WR if they aint perfectly times with the QB. Stuff happens in games all the time and you have to go to your next read or improvise. Seems Baker is having issues doing that at times. I can get the frustration there and likely why the offense seems to not be clicking.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Okay, someone explain this one to me

Stop tagging me because I don’t make roster decisions; tag the team account if you want someone to gather fan reaction for a move.

Eric DeCosta is one of the only GMs who doesn’t realize that the salary cap is imaginary. Not happening.

If I had to put money on someone I’d go with KC. Of the teams that probably think they have a chance this year, they’re the highest on the waiver list. 

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Eric DeCosta is one of the only GMs who doesn’t realize that the salary cap is imaginary. Not happening.

If I had to put money on someone I’d go with KC. Of the teams that probably think they have a chance this year, they’re the highest on the waiver list. 

They also clearly want more weapons. They took a gamble on Josh Gordon for that very reason.