Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

I don't either, but he just left a team with no chemistry with an average QB, put him in the same exact situation and he might become the distraction (just by the media) that you don't want

That’s possible sure, but I mean does a team who is already awful like the Lions, Jags or whoever and needs a receiver have much to lose? Browns made it much more manageable to claim him for this years salary and I’m pretty sure Browns were gonna be able to cut Odell next year with no dead cap, so I would think another team would be able to as well if they claimed him and worst came to worst.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That’s possible sure. I mean does a team like the Lions, Jags or whoever needs a receiver have much to lose? I’m pretty sure Browns we’re gonna be able to cut Odell next year with no dead cap, so I would think another team would be able to as well if they claimed him and worst came to worst.

At least with the Lions he'll get his targets

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That’s possible sure. I mean does a team like the Lions, Jags or whoever needs a receiver have much to lose? I’m pretty sure Browns we’re gonna be able to cut Odell next year with no dead cap, so I would think another team would be able to as well if they claimed him and worst came to worst.

Do the Lions really have much to gain though? I don’t think they’re trying to build anything with Goff for this year or the future. I feel like they’d probably be best served to stay the course and let him pass.

I think the Dolphins are a good shot if Flores and Grier are going to try to save their jobs, but maybe they’re afraid he as a distraction could further damage the locker room. 

Just now, pwny said:

Do the Lions really have much to gain though? I don’t think they’re trying to build anything with Goff for this year or the future. I feel like they’d probably be best served to stay the course and let him pass.

I think the Dolphins are a good shot if Flores and Grier are going to try to save their jobs, but maybe they’re afraid he as a distraction could further damage the locker room. 

Doesn't he have another year on his contract?

Hope he plays well in the final 10 games and flip him in the offseason for a low round pick?

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Hope he plays well in the final 10 games and flip him in the offseason for a low round pick?

If nobody was willing to trade for him just this past week, I can’t imagine that 10 games with Goff is going to rehabilitate him to the point someone will give anything of value for him. 

5 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

He has a couple more years on his contract, but none of that money is guaranteed, so whoever picks him up can basically walk away free and clear at about any point.

Just now, pwny said:

If nobody was willing to trade for him just this past week, I can’t imagine that 10 games with Goff is going to rehabilitate him to the point someone will give anything of value for him. 

Trading for him a few days ago meant taking on that enormous contract.

Not hard to see why there were no takers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Probably not, but no team really has all that much to lose cause I’m pretty sure the cap hit this year will be small and next year they can cut him without dead cap. Lions also are gonna need receivers for whoever is the QB next year. Now would Odell want to play there? Probably not. Would he cause issues there and be a headache? Possible. It’s not completely downside free. 

The teams and QBs he probably wants to play with are way down the waiver order for the most part. I agree there are better landing spots than Detroit though.

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

Trading for him a few days ago meant taking on that enormous contract.

Not hard to see why there were no takers.

The Browns had the ability to move the money around a few days ago too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Don't they have to just to get under cap after the Ruggs release? They had $3mil in space and his release will cost $5mil more. 

So they're currently at -$2mil in space I believe.

The 5M are dead money for 2022. Post june 1st.