Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That’s possible sure, but I mean does a team who is already awful like the Lions, Jags or whoever and needs a receiver have much to lose? Browns made it much more manageable to claim him for this years salary and I’m pretty sure Browns were gonna be able to cut Odell next year with no dead cap, so I would think another team would be able to as well if they claimed him and worst came to worst.

I'm holding out for the 2-6 (which is good for like 3rd or 4th on the waiver claim list) Giants to claim him... just to needle OBJ.

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So there's pretty much zero reason why Detroit wouldn't put a claim in, right?

If the dude costs next to nothing, I'd put one in. Detroit has no WRs, and OBJ just turned 29. There's a chance he can give you some good years. Plus, they can force-feed him the ball with the terrible WR talent they have.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I love me some Steve Smith. That said, would anyone expect a wide receiver not to side with OBJ here?

I want so badly for someone to come back and just be like, "Josh Gordon put up 1600 yards with Brandon Weeden...Braylon put up 1300 with Derek Anderson. Guess it's too much to ask for OBJ to be as competent as Braylon Edwards". 

• Like 3