Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I love me some Steve Smith. That said, would anyone expect a wide receiver not to side with OBJ here?

I'm excited we don't have to hear the national media talking so much about a guy who moves the needle so little for us.  Like getting OBJ the ball has ever meant anything for our or any teams success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

I mean he isnt wrong Baker is average at best

Eh, he's kind of wrong though. He asked for a trade before the season:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/11/browns-to-release-odell-beckham-jr-friday-as-soon-as-the-financial-deal-is-reached-after-steelers-game-was-the-last-straw-for-his-camp-source-says.html

So, considering how well Baker did last year without him, he left because of Stefanski's system and the fact that he's not getting high volume targets.

For the record, he's not the only guy who has done this. Diggs got super frustrated in Stefanski's system back in Minnesota.

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't doubt this, but I still think that there are going to be a number of teams who are going to be very into bringing him on. 

Why not kick the tires on a former star if you're a 1-2 win team? How much worse can it really get at that point?

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Eh, he's kind of wrong though. He asked for a trade before the season:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/11/browns-to-release-odell-beckham-jr-friday-as-soon-as-the-financial-deal-is-reached-after-steelers-game-was-the-last-straw-for-his-camp-source-says.html

So, considering how well Baker did last year without him, he left because of Stefanski's system and the fact that he's not getting high volume targets.

For the record, he's not the only guy who has done this. Diggs got super frustrated in Stefanski's system back in Minnesota.

Something may of been lost in the sauce a bit but I was commenting how Steve Smith said Baker is an average at best QB and I was agreeing with him

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Something may of been lost in the sauce a bit but I was commenting how Steve Smith said Baker is an average at best QB and I was agreeing with him

And I'm saying he's wrong on the reason why. He said that Baker was THE REASON why OBJ is leaving, and given Baker's 2020 season, that's certainly not the case considering he wanted out before this season started (per the link I posted).

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

And I'm saying he's wrong on the reason why. He said that Baker was THE REASON why OBJ is leaving, and given Baker's 2020 season, that's certainly not the case considering he wanted out before this season started (per the link I posted).

Ahhh well I guess were both commenting on 2 different parts of Steve Smiths quote, Because I completely disregard that part

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Y’all can’t be serious. Why am I hearing the Lions involved in this? This is first time he has ever had the choice of where to go and yall Think he’ll choose Detroit? Lmao.

That’s like somebody first day fresh out jail deciding to jump off a building.

Pretty sure everyone who has mentioned the Lions is because the Lions are first pick on the waiver wire. I don't think anyone thinks he'd choose there if he cleared waivers.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Y’all can’t be serious. Why am I hearing the Lions involved in this? This is first time he has ever had the choice of where to go and yall Think he’ll choose Detroit? Lmao.

That’s like somebody first day fresh out jail deciding to jump off a building.

He doesn’t have a choice unless he clears waivers, though.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Why not kick the tires on a former star if you're a 1-2 win team? How much worse can it really get at that point?

It makes sense you you feed him 15 targets per game and move his value up to a point where you could trade him. I don't see it happening but it's an option. Otherwise I see no benefit.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

It makes sense you you feed him 15 targets per game and move his value up to a point where you could trade him. I don't see it happening but it's an option. Otherwise I see no benefit.

If I'm Flores in Miami, and I have a "struggling" QB and lack weapons, I roll the dice and see if I can save my job/salvage my quarterback. Maybe even a team like the Jets (LOL back to NY) or Texans.

Doubt he'd want to come here, and really doubt Chicago could clear room for his contract, but the Bears are in a pretty desperate need of a receiving target who actually can get open, and he'd pretty easily be our #1 right now, especially considering how badly Allen Robinson has been this year. Fields needs someone to throw to. 

Edited by Epyon

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Doubt he'd want to come here, and really doubt Chicago could clear room for his contract, but the Bears are in a pretty desperate need of a receiving target who actually can get open, and he'd pretty easily be our #1 right now, especially considering how badly Allen Robinson has been this year. Fields needs someone to throw to. 

I believe that anyone claiming him will only be responsible for pretty much the league minimum for this year, so that's not a problem. He's got two years left on his deal at a reasonable rate (I'm assuming that these two years are still in tact after the restructure).  He'd make a ton of sense for the Bears to claim given that allen robinson is likely finishing out his career there this season. 

That being said, I think that Seattle and Miami present issues for Chicago being able to get him. I think both of those teams will claim him.