Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

It makes sense you you feed him 15 targets per game and move his value up to a point where you could trade him. I don't see it happening but it's an option. Otherwise I see no benefit.

Truly is the best gamble for them. Feed him, let him show if he is worth anything and then trade for anything. Worst comes to worst you cut him at no cost in the offseason. Very low risk very high reward

Really, there would be no downside for Detroit. Whats the worse case scenario? They lose games? They are already 0-8? He's a "distraction" on a winless team? Cut him. He'll impede the development of the WRs in front of him? Whom? PR/KR Kalif Raymond? He's not a good fit? Cut him. He can step in and be the #1 target with 15 targets a game right away. I think his mentality would mesh well with Dan Campbell. He could provide a viable target for Goff, allowing the Lions to actually access the talent and abilities of others on the field. And John Dorsey was the man who acquired him in Cleveland, who is now with the Lions. 

There might not be much upside, but there is no downside. Low floor/low ceiling signing. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Really, there would be no downside for Detroit. Whats the worse case scenario? They lose games? They are already 0-8? He's a "distraction" on a winless team? Cut him. He'll impede the development of the WRs in front of him? Whom? PR/KR Kalif Raymond? He's not a good fit? Cut him. He can step in and be the #1 target with 15 targets a game right away. I think his mentality would mesh well with Dan Campbell. He could provide a viable target for Goff, allowing the Lions to actually access the talent and abilities of others on the field. And John Dorsey was the man who acquired him in Cleveland, who is now with the Lions. 

There might not be much upside, but there is no downside. Low floor/low ceiling signing. 

Goff could be a goofy Eli Manning impersonation too. Like he has pedrigree, but clearly isn't a top talent. Has arm strength issues, but can hit them occasionally. Isn't a strong personality to clash with and can lock on and fill a diva WR's need to targets. The downside of Odell is if the Lions are already sold on a heir apparent QB in the upcoming class. The off chance you win, or Odell has success but you still lose and you have to introduce the rookie to a diva off the bat. If Odell got 80 yards a game with Goff, went winless but he was their best offensive player that is a hard sell cut to the fanbase.

Just now, Trojan said:

Goff could be a goofy Eli Manning impersonation too. Like he has pedrigree, but clearly isn't a top talent. Has arm strength issues, but can hit them occasionally. Isn't a strong personality to clash with and can lock on and fill a diva WR's need to targets. The downside of Odell is if the Lions are already sold on a heir apparent QB in the upcoming class. The off chance you win, or Odell has success but you still lose and you have to introduce the rookie to a diva off the bat. If Odell got 80 yards a game with Goff, went winless but he was their best offensive player that is a hard sell cut to the fanbase.

The QB class this draft is not strong. 

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

The QB class this draft is not strong. 

there's literally Strong though lol

I still think a team will love Howell from what he did in previous years. His arm talent is there he just isn't polished. I think a team will also fall for Malik Willis but it'll take an innovative OC to work and an emphasis on run game, and that's typically not something Detroit has either of. I don't think it's a clear players will go to ten class, but someone like Detroit could still take a first round QB to groom behind Goff and maybe develop them into a franchise option. Like the Lions still have the Rams likely playoff pick in the first as well and a QB could go there. 

Just now, Trojan said:

there's literally Strong though lol

I still think a team will love Howell from what he did in previous years. His arm talent is there he just isn't polished. I think a team will also fall for Malik Willis but it'll take an innovative OC to work and an emphasis on run game, and that's typically not something Detroit has either of. I don't think it's a clear players will go to ten class, but someone like Detroit could still take a first round QB to groom behind Goff and maybe develop them into a franchise option. Like the Lions still have the Rams likely playoff pick in the first as well and a QB could go there. 

Absolutely, or even second round pick. I don't think the Lions are as high on the QB need as fans are. This is a 3 year rebuild. They will address BPA across the board. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dont let any of this distract you from the fact that Odell is just still Odell.

I totally agree Im not a fan of Odell and wouldnt want him on my team personally screams selfishness to me, And still believe he got his "stardom" and people thinking hes "elite" because of his one handed grab against the Cowboys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There were top 10 threads going into this season. I never saw it one bit.

I was never a believer of Baker at all, Glad they found a HC who can play to his strengths but giving him a fat contract would be on of the worst decisions this new Browns regime has made, And I think highly of what thew new regime is doing

• Like 2