Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really confused on what Cleveland was trying to accomplish with the restructure. It looks like they didn't do much of anything for the rest of the season making him easier to claim *and* they removed the future seasons which would have made more teams interesting in claiming him (especially since those monies were non guaranteed?). I'm not following here. 

They want him to go to a crap team so he doesn't clear waivers and sign with like Baltimore or something.

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They want him to go to a crap team so he doesn't clear waivers and sign with like Baltimore or something.

But they actually hindered the chances of happening by voiding the next two years of his deal and having him be a free agent after the year. What incentive does he have for a team like Washington in that scenario?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

But they actually hindered the chances of happening by voiding the next two years of his deal and having him be a free agent after the year. What incentive does he have for a team like Washington in that scenario?

Comp pick if they can't resign him and they're not saddled with 2 more years if they don't like him? Only thing I can think of.

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

A stupid crap team would think his name is still big enough to sell tickets.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So it’s not gonna be the vet minimum and instead 7.25 million and they got rid of the 2 years left on his deal? Yeah now I’m completely out on the idea of claiming him as an Eagles fan and I don’t think other bad teams should really be interested either. Not worth it at all.

Nope. As a fan of a team who’s fans say ‘make it happen’ and with a need for better WRs. I still say…..NO THANKS

12 hours ago, Forge said:

That’s what Beckham wanted and they obliged, a turning point in player negotiations. Ive never heard of it before, a lot of owners just get salty.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

That’s what Beckham wanted and they obliged, a turning point in player negotiations. Ive never heard of it before, a lot of owners just get salty.

It’s a gesture to smooth things over as much as possible and look good to other players I’m sure.

OBJ had them over a barrel and instead of digging in their heels and letting things get worse, AB played the hand as well as he could and helped the player.

Come free agency or negotiation time for extensions, I’m guessing players will remember how things like this played out. It wasn’t an ideal situation for anyone, but they did right by the player.

• Like 1