Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Imagine Michael Thomas and OBJ in the same locker room lmfao

don't see us being a real player in the potential OBJ sweepstakes, it wouldn't make sense to move on from Thomas (via trade) for a clean start at WR by bringing in a guy like OBJ to replace him, and I don't see Payton wanting both of them on the same team.

Edited by Dome

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm hearing several people say ODB has been acting out, is a detriment to the team, done something atrocious.

I'm curious what that was and can someone share proof of it.

I've seen it in NYG. It's my understanding he was a good teammate and matured in Cleveland. So unless someone shows me an example of that, I'm going to assume it's bitter Browns fans and people who disliked him in NY that are just making up stuff about ODB to fit a narrative now that Stefanski has told him to go home. 

My guess: ODB has been asking to get involved in the offense more. The Browns couldn't agree to compensation for ODB in the trade market. Stefanski realizes anything tied to ODB will be blown out of proportion by the media and sent him home...but none of that involves ODB acting out. 

Bro....how do you not understand OBJ was the one who told LeBron and his father to put that stuff out there. He didnt want to come out and actively say it because of his image so he got his family and peers to do it for him. Its no coincidence it all came out at the same time from people closest to him. Passiv

If you want other things---his first year he didn't show up to training camp activities because he 'had his own schedule' in LA separate of the team. He was seen telling other players from opposing teams after each game for nearly half a season saying 'Come Get Me' two years ago and had to answer questions about it in the media for months. Thirdly, this is also not his first passive aggressive social media thing he has done regarding the Browns either. He posted multiple times that 'maybe this isnt where Im supposed to be'. ****In the middle of the season

He has done more of his fair share of causing distraction in 3 years. Its just passive agressive childish BS and not him punching a FG net on the sidelines.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It would be glorious if the Browns release Odell and he signs with the Saints...After the Browns apparently rejected a Saints trade offer yesterday.

I mean, supposedly it was a late round pick and we were meant to pay most of his salary. Not like we turned down a premium return lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

A mid or late round pick vs nothing a day later lol 

I bet they were thinking two things (3 things)

1- They just saw DEN get a 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller by paying the remainder of his salary

2-They had hope that a sit down meeting could resolve things and that was worth a 6th round pick to find out

3-They hate OBJ and would rather let him rot for 9 more games as a punishment for causing drama at a critical point in their season.

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Another one.

What. Did. HE. Actually. Do?

Not a Lebron tweet, not his dad doing some video montage of Baker sucking. Do we have audio, video, or social media proof of ODB actually doing something atrocious while in Cleveland? If we do, I will happily let this go.

@candyman93 can you show him the Instagram post he deleted the morning this all broke? 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

So lets go with the obj only cares about stats you think that is something you want your rookie qb and other young players to be exposed to? Jags have legit zero identity right now and a cultural issue, you just want to throw more gasoline on that fire right now? OBJ is going to do what OBJ wants and if he doesnt get his way he is going to go full on cancer mode like he did with New York and he is doing now in Cleveland. Not sure why fans continue to praise this dude, and act like he is going to change on another team and that the team that he is on is the issue and not him. Its like expecting your girl to stop cheating on you after she has been a known cheater all her life.  He may be happy and excited to be on a new team, say all the good things and then the honeymoon phase is over he will quickly turn on you and act like this all over again. 

An 8 game tryout isn't gonna hurt us.  If he isnt what he should be then he will be cut first day of the new calenders year.  Jags need to give Lawrence the weapons he deserved to take advantage of his cheap rookie contract.