Week 9 GDT Chargers @ Eagles: Chargers are flowers, we are just a plant.

BugzBunny101

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hurts pulls off a playoff victory and ties Dak for all time post season wins? 

Or better yet, Minshew? 

Shoot it into my veins, all in boys.

Hurts wins a playoff game -> Eagles flip him to another team for a couple day 2 picks -> Trade for Russell Wilson

thinking-face_1f914.png

Edit:

Hmm...

qviia2u.png

Coming to fulfill the prophecy?

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hurts wins a playoff game -> Eagles flip him to another team for a couple day 2 picks -> Trade for Russell Wilson

thinking-face_1f914.png

Edit:

Hmm...

qviia2u.png

Coming to fulfill the prophecy?

Ciara did the impossible and made him get down to a tolerable level of corny. All for it.

It’d make sense for them because I think she’s in NY a lot if I remember right.

But yeah I think they are going to make a play for Russ. And honestly with Goedert, Davonta, Quez and Reagor…Russ would do pretty well. 

Maybe trade down to get an extra first or more picks and then trade.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Ciara did the impossible and made him get down to a tolerable level of corny. All for it.

It’d make sense for them because I think she’s in NY a lot if I remember right.

But yeah I think they are going to make a play for Russ. And honestly with Goedert, Davonta, Quez and Reagor…Russ would do pretty well. 

Maybe trade down to get an extra first or more picks and then trade.

She's the one asking him questions encouraging him lol.

And, as much as it pains me to say it you probably could've left Reagor out, but I guess he can still be a gadget weapon which is how they were using him against Detroit before he got hurt. But, yeah it would be nice to see him take full advantage of the few weapons we do have.

Didn't realize Wilson is turning 33 this month, so he would be nearing 34 by the time he played for us if it did happen. Looking at that chart he's still playing at a super high level like best in the league, but I wonder how many great or even pretty good years he would have left to give us.

Chargers have been stinking it up lately so we definitely have a shot, but if they bring even their B game to Philly we won't have a chance. 

I think we will be better than we were against Oakland and TB, but expect us to look like a different team than we did last week (courtesy of playing a team other than the Lions). We play well at home, I think we keep it close for awhile but Herbert pulls it out of reach late.

LA 27

Eagles 17

33 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

If we traded for Russel Wilson that would mean we've ran two quarterbacks out of town two years in a row in Hurts and Wentz. Why would Russel Wilson say "yeah, that's where I want to play."? 

A bit of a stretch to say it’d be running Hurts out of town. Just an obvious upgrade. And really the same can be said for Wentz. Carson’s noted failings and childish behavior was well documented, don’t think anyone thinks that was a one sided thing of us running him out of town.

But on a larger scale I agree there is a question of why Russ would want to come here when he could go to like the Saints or Minnesota (who probably fire Zimmer for an offensive minded guy, can see them going for Moore) and have more proven weapons than we have.

Really the best thing we have going for us is location, market size, not barren for offensive playmakers, we are in a weak division and Russ has known this FO has loved him for a long time….tho obviously not enough to just take him round 2.

Does he have a no trade clause?
edit: he does, these were his preferred locations last year……The Las Vegas Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints and Chicago Bears.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

A bit of a stretch to say it’d be running Hurts out of town. Just an obvious upgrade. And really the same can be said for Wentz. Carson’s noted failings and childish behavior was well documented, don’t think anyone thinks that was a one sided thing of us running him out of town.

Fair point - I lean more towards we ran Wentz and if this scenario would be running Hurts out of town but I understand where you're coming from. 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

But on a larger scale I agree there is a question of why Russ would want to come here when he could go to like the Saints or Minnesota (who probably fire Zimmer for an offensive minded guy, can see them going for Moore) and have more proven weapons than we have.

Yeah - there's much more enticing options for a QB out there; Carolina has a ton of weapons, though it's not a huge market; NO has the head coach and some weapons; NYG should have a new HC and they also have a ton of weapons; Minny should have a new head coach and a ton of weapons; Denver should have a new HC and also has a ton of weapons. There's a lot of options for Russ and I don't think we're anywhere near the op of the list. 

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Does he have a no trade clause?

I'm not sure but it's irrelevant. If he doesn't want to play somewhere Seattle won't trade him there and/or he'll make it known he doesn't want to play there (despite what Nabbs will tell you). If he does get traded he'll have all the power, he'll ultimately get to decide where he ends up. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Fair point - I lean more towards we ran Wentz and if this scenario would be running Hurts out of town but I understand where you're coming from. 

Definitely a both sides thing, and I’m biased to side with the Eagles. But one of Wentz’s contention points was we didn’t support him enough. Yet the eagles kept coaches around he liked, the fanbase sided with him over everyone else who stepped out of line, and they constantly were trying to add offensive talent around him. Yet he could never make it work. Carson’s me-first attitude is pretty well documented, as are his failings. It all following him to Indy proves that it’s him.

But the Eagles weren’t blameless. The Hurts 4D chess move was moronic and clearly was too much for Wentz’s feeble ego. This is the guy who was crying when Foles did well. But I think Russ is a smart enough guy to see how weak minded Carson was through it all, I mean Hurts is enduring worse and is still soldiering on. Like the trade deadline finally passed, he finally knows he’ll finish out the year and the very next day he has all this Wilson smoke to deal with.

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Yeah - there's much more enticing options for a QB out there; Carolina has a ton of weapons, though it's not a huge market; NO has the head coach and some weapons; NYG should have a new HC and they also have a ton of weapons; Minny should have a new head coach and a ton of weapons; Denver should have a new HC and also has a ton of weapons. There's a lot of options for Russ and I don't think we're anywhere near the op of the list. 

Yeah, The fact the saints were on his trade list tells me they will be a real threat to get him. Yeah the Giants could be a real threat too, have a good amount of picks as well. Only things we really have over them is a better oline. Smith and Goedert are better receiving options than anyone on the Giants too.

Rodgers will take one of those places off this coming offseason. Still seems to be Denver. But yeah Minnesota could be enticing with the right coach. Weak division too.

I’m sure if the Eagles get to pitch him they’ll talk up who they got as well as the draft capital and cap space to add more.

31 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I’m not sure but it's irrelevant. If he doesn't want to play somewhere Seattle won't trade him there and/or he'll make it known he doesn't want to play there (despite what Nabbs will tell you). If he does get traded he'll have all the power, he'll ultimately get to decide where he ends up. 

Looked it up he does have one, so he’ll be able to dictate. The nice thing is it’ll keep some teams with draft capital like the Jets, Dolphins, Lions completely out of it….bad news is we are somewhere in the middle between them and the better options.

Honestly with Russ I think it’ll come down to a lot of branding/market and going to a place that will prop him up more. I think he wants to prove he’s a top QB statically and not be hampered by the dumb offense of Seattle anymore. Obviously a bigger market helps with that. Of course the team can’t be crap around him though.

• Like 2

Why is there always a Russell Wilson is leaving seattle rumor every off-season?

I haven't seen anything thing from him to suggest that and what incentive does Seattle have? It has always seem to be like conjecture by the media and it all started when Colin Cowherd made it up mid show in the lowest point of the off-season to generate debate. 

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I doubt anything happens, but he's 33 later this month. Not denying his talent, but... how long does he expect to play? If we give up the assets to get him, do we have enough to round out this team around him?

I would say 5/6 years, with the actual rules and how QBs have been able to extend their careers and he has been very durable. But as you said, I don't see it happening.