Week 9 GDT Chargers @ Eagles: Chargers are flowers, we are just a plant.

BugzBunny101

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd prob only trade a 1 for Russ tbh

Russ always seems to fall off at the end of the season when games matter most. He starts out the first half of the season like one of the top 5 QB's, then finishes like Baker Mayfield/Kirk Cousins. I'd do a 1st and 2nd, but not multiple 1sts. He's like 8 months younger than Stafford tho, so it's going to take multiple 1sts, even tho he's going to be 33 soon.

Edited by Jeezla

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Russ always seems to fall off at the end of the season when games matter most. He starts out the first half of the season like one of the top 5 QB's, then finishes like Baker Mayfield/Kirk Cousins. I'd do a 1st and 2nd, but not multiple 1sts. He's like 8 months younger than Stafford tho, so it's going to take multiple 1sts, even tho he's going to be 33 soon.

Given the beating his body takes on what seems like a yearly basis with that pathetic OL, this surprises you?

As far as only getting maybe 5 years, so what. We've wasted several 1st on Wentz ,a 2nd on Hurts and didn't get 5 years and a playoff win out of the two. At least with Russ there would be a legit SB winning QB at the helm. A proven leader and winner!

No way it would happen IMO but I wouldn't think twice about making that trade because that trade is Franchise Changing. Whether for 3 years or 6. Howie drafting players with those picks is at best a crapshoot. Rather go with the sure thing ala LAR and Les Snead TBH.

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Given the beating his body takes on what seems like a yearly basis with that pathetic OL, this surprises you?

As far as only getting maybe 5 years, so what. We've wasted several 1st on Wentz ,a 2nd on Hurts and didn't get 5 years and a playoff win out of the two. At least with Russ there would be a legit SB winning QB at the helm. A proven leader and winner!

No way it would happen IMO but I wouldn't think twice about making that trade because that trade is Franchise Changing. Whether for 3 years or 6. Howie drafting players with those picks is at best a crapshoot. Rather go with the sure thing ala LAR and Les Snead TBH.

I think he's got maybe 3 good years left. Probably 2 with his style of QBing. Matt Ryan is 36 and his arm isn't what it was 2 years ago. And Russ has taken way more sacks than Matty ice. 35 seems to be the cut off/drop off point for everyone not named Brady and maybe Favre.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Lol Wilson isnt leaving Seattle any time soon. If anything, they'll fire Pete Carrol this off season and keep Wilson than vice versa.

He'll do what his wife tells him. And she probably doesn't want to move to Philly.
He'll stay in Seattle or get traded to one of: Vegas/Giants/Miami. 

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Didn't he literally say there were only 5 teams he would accept a trade to and we weren't one of them? Not really a story in my eyes. Would love to have Russ, but it just isn't a possibility.

Last offseason he listed the Raiders, Cowboys, Bears and Saints.
So at least Dallas is off the list, the Bears drafted Fields and Carr has done well this year.

So there is a shot 3 of his 4 preferred destinations are off, remains to be seen what his 2022 list will be.
Bears might be fine trading Fields plus like Mack and picks for him.

I'd assume it'll look like Saints, Broncos, Vikings, Giants, Panthers and Eagles. Vaguely in order.
Broncos and Vikings contingent on new offensive minded coaches and Broncos seem to be pretty in on Rodgers, who is seemingly on the move after this year.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

He'll do what his wife tells him. And she probably doesn't want to move to Philly.
He'll stay in Seattle or get traded to one of: Vegas/Giants/Miami. 

Those destinations would make sense from a location perspective for Ciara I bet, but not sure if the Raiders are gonna move on from Carr. He’s 2.5 years younger than Wilson and has made it clear he wants to be a Raider for life and I’m pretty sure his agent has been negotiating a contract with them already. Obviously Miami would probably take him, but Watson wants to go there too. Giants would make sense if they are moving on from Daniel Jones, but then again they’ve never had a long term black starting QB in their franchise history. The only black QB to ever start for them was Geno Smith recently, so 🤷🏻‍♂️.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Those destinations would make sense from a location perspective for Ciara I bet, but not sure if the Raiders are gonna move on from Carr. He’s 2.5 years younger than Wilson and has made it clear he wants to be a Raider for life and I’m pretty sure his agent has been negotiating a contract with them already. Obviously Miami would probably take him, but Watson wants to go there too. Giants would make sense if they are moving on from Daniel Jones, but then again they’ve never had a long term black starting QB in their franchise history. The only black QB to ever start for them was Geno Smith recently, so 🤷🏻‍♂️.

That's not crazy weird tho, just a little weird. Right now we probably have more black starting QB's then ever, but there's still only like 7 out of the 32 teams. The chances of your team starting one aren't very high, historically. They also had Eli for 14ish years. If they had the same QB turnover we do, they'd probably have started an extra black QB or two.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah with how old he would be by the time he plays for us and the work that still needs to be done on this roster there’s no way I’d give up all our firsts.

I'd be hard pressed to even give up 1 of them tbh. Having 3 high FRP is unprecedented. Honestly rather just spend all 3 on positions other than qb and roll with Hurts or another bridge qb for 2022. Or use 1 to trade down and gain another 1st for next year maybe like we did from 6 to 10 this past draft. So many possibilities for the present and future with those picks. The one thing I'm vehemently against is using all of them for 1 player.

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be hard pressed to even give up 1 of them tbh. Having 3 high FRP is unprecedented. Honestly rather just spend all 3 on positions other than qb and roll with Hurts or another bridge qb for 2022. Or use 1 to trade down and gain another 1st for next year maybe like we did from 6 to 10 this past draft. So many possibilities for the present and future with those picks. The one thing I'm vehemently against is using all of them for 1 player.

I don’t think we’ll have 3 high first round picks. I’m not sure our first will even crack the top 10 and Colts should probably be middle of the pack. Only first rounders that could be very high is the Dolphins and they still have some easy games left.

But, yeah you won’t find me disagreeing with that last point. It would be nice to have Wilson though. We’ve never had a QB of that caliber in  the history of our franchise. 

51 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's not crazy weird tho, just a little weird. Right now we probably have more black starting QB's then ever, but there's still only like 7 out of the 32 teams. The chances of your team starting one aren't very high, historically. They also had Eli for 14ish years. If they had the same QB turnover we do, they'd probably have started an extra black QB or two.

QB turnover or not (we haven’t had that much really) we still had Cunningham and McNabb a long time. Also, considering how vanilla that organization is I doubt they want a black QB and my friend that’s a Giants fan would tell you the same thing.