Leisher's 2018 Packers Mock #1

jleisher

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, CWood21 said:

Rodgers is also notorious for holding onto the ball far longer than he should, and that's probably not going to change.  The fact is the Packers have consistently had one of the better OL in the NFL, and their history of developing OL later on in the draft is too hard to ignore.  Right now, when you're looking at where the investment is most valued, EDGE and CB by far take the cake.  And then you get into that next tier of players.  To me, Nelson would have to be far and away the BVA for me to even consider him and OG falls in that same position as WR for me.  I just don't have any real reason to invest a premium pick into that position given positional value, our past draft history, and our current team needs.

True, however, haven't the Packers already invested highly in those two positions and we're still talking about those positions as areas of need?

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, Joe said:

A Guard doesn't help us with our pass-rush; especially when our OL depth is better than we think it is provided our starters are healthy...

Your right, but it would protect or QB and help the run game.

48 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Fair, but correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't been the logic of the Packers?  Betting on more important positions?  That hasn't turned out to great.

This implies we're drafting at a poor rate early for the pick slots we have, which I don't agree with personally.

Archived