The Playoff Chase

pwny

I honestly think we match up well against them. Average OLine and not a running game to fear. I don't want to necessarily play Brady, but  fierce pass rush and top notch coverage was the Giants recipe for the W. Gotta beat the best to be the best, as they say.

Just now, VLoo said:

I honestly think we match up well against them. Average OLine and not a running game to fear. I don't want to necessarily play Brady, but  fierce pass rush and top notch coverage was the Giants recipe for the W. Gotta beat the best to be the best, as they say.

Kind of how I feel.

Obviously hate going against Brady and the experience they have so I'm not fond of playing them. But as far as matchups go (not a great run game, decent/ok defense lately but...) they are what we'd be looking for.

Currently, the playoff standings would have Pittsburgh, Kansas City, New England, Tennessee, Buffalo and us. 

Of those, Pittsburgh and New England might be the best two, but I think we match up with both extremely well for the reasons stated. The other three are the three I would be worried about, as they’re teams that match up better with our weaknesses.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I want the playoff machine to come out so i can tinker and see how screwed we are. Losing to Tennessee Week 2 might prove to be a big problem for the division 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/jacksonville-jaguars-nfl-playoff-picture.html

Not the one you’re used to, but you can set it specifically for the Jags and follow their path.

If we beat the Browns, Colts and 49ers, our playoff probability stands at 93%. Add the Texans and we stand at >99%.

*note this does not mean if these are the only games we win, we get in on these odds, but that if these games are won, the probability that the other games (including that of other teams) fall into place in a way that gets us to the playoffs are at these numbers.

Win the games we’re supposed to and we’ll find a way in. Hell, win these games and our chance at a bye is 57%.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived