The Playoff Chase

pwny

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

If we beat the Cards next week, our playoff probability hits 99%. Our division win percentage would hit 77%, and chance at a first round bye would hit 44%. 

The division % surprises me.

Unless the Titans spiral down the stretch there's a good chance that week 17 decides it. Would expect high 50's/low 60's.

33 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If we beat the Cards next week, our playoff probability hits 99%. Our division win percentage would hit 77%, and chance at a first round bye would hit 44%. 

99% sounds good to me.  Let's do that.

Please Gabbert don't screw this up for us.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Everyone should probably be rooting for the Texans tonight...

This game actually has virtually no impact on our playoff chances. Getting the Ravens down a loss is *good* for the reason you think it’s good, but our chances are actually better at the 5 seed if the Ravens make the playoffs due to our head to head blowout win. In a three way tie, we also eliminate the Ravens for the same reason. Even with a Ravens win, we effectively have a 2 game lead over them, where we only have a 1 game lead over Buffalo.

If we don’t make the playoffs, we flat out choked.

if they beat the Colts next week, that puts you at 8-2 in the AFC, 8-4 overall. And quite frankly the way the AFC is shaping up, you can get in the playoffs at 9-7. With our good record within the AFC and the tiebreaker over the Ravens, Chargers and Bengals because we beat them, I think we are making the playoffs for the first time in 10 years.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

if they beat the Colts next week, that puts you at 8-2 in the AFC, 8-4 overall. And quite frankly the way the AFC is shaping up, you can get in the playoffs at 9-7. With our good record within the AFC and the tiebreaker over the Ravens, Chargers and Bengals because we beat them, I think we are making the playoffs for the first time in 10 years.

If we beat the Colts, our playoff probability hits 97%

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Eight wins makes the playoffs in the AFC this year. Only way either of our teams misses is with a collapse of absolutely epic proportions. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

If we beat the Colts, our playoff probability hits 97%

As it should.

We play TEN (yes, very tough game, but also a team we usually split with/division games are always tough for both and anything can happen both ways), SEA minus several key players on defense (still have Russell so it'll be a challenge), along with the likes of IND/HOU/SF.

We should definitely be able to take 2 of those. 3 out of 5 SHOULD be a lock with this defense...but then again, the OL is in shambles with injuries, Fournette is clearly not 100%, and Bortles is coming off one of his worst games as a passer with an LOL level INT that he's been able to stay away from for the most part this year until this game...

At this point, I just want the playoffs. Divison would be so awesome, but I just want to end this decade long streak and hopefully make something weird happen in the playoffs. That's a big success after the last few years. Next year when we hopefully have a different QB that can at least move the ball/be safe with it next year and we can expect more.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Eight wins makes the playoffs in the AFC this year. Only way either of our teams misses is with a collapse of absolutely epic proportions. 

I mean, we are the Titans and Jaguars...

tenor.gif?itemid=4552547

Archived