2022 Week 8 NFL Mock Draft

Shylo3716

1.    Detroit Lions - Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon
    2.    Houston Texans - Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
    3.    Philadelphia Eagles via (Miami Dolphins) - Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
    4.    Jacksonville Jaguars - Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
    5.    New York Giants - Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
    6.    Washington Football Team - Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss
    7.    New York Jets - Kenyon Green, OT, Texas A&M 
    8.    Philadelphia Eagles - Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan 
    9.    Philadelphia Eagles via (Indianapolis Colts) - DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M
    10.    New York Jets via (Seattle Seahawks) - Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati 
    11.    New York Giants via (Chicago Bears) - Ikem Ekonwu, OT, NC State
    12.    Atlanta Falcons - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh 
    13.    Miami Dolphins via (San Francisco 49ers) - George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue 
    14.    Minnesota Vikings - Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson
    15.    New England Patriots - Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
    16.    Denver Broncos - Christian Harris, LB, Alabama
    17.    Cleveland Browns - Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
    18.    Kansas City Chiefs - Drake Jackson, DE, USC
    19.    Carolina Panthers - Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
    20.    Los Angeles Chargers - Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
    21.    Pittsburgh Steelers - Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
    22.    Cincinnati Bengals - Adam Anderson, DE, Georgia
    23.    New Orleans Saints - Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State 
    24.    Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
    25.    Buffalo Bills - Drake London, WR, USC
    26.    Las Vegas Raiders - Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
    27.    Dallas Cowboys - Lewis Cine, S, Georgia
    28.    Green Bay Packers - Kingsley Enagbare, DE, South Carolina
    29.    Baltimore Ravens - Myjai Sanders, DE, Cincinnati 
    30.    Detroit Lions via (Los Angeles Rams) - Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
    31.    Tennessee Titans - Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    32.    Arizona Cardinals - Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn

Edited by Shylo3716

11 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

12.    Atlanta Falcons - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh 

This is just bad. This draft doesn't have any franchise QBs in it. So the Falcons wasting their pick on Pickett makes no sense. Just give them something they actually need. Like idk, a WR, a RT, a pass rusher, a true nose, a cornerback. It'd be hard for them to pass on Jordan Davis here, tbh.

I would prefer Nakobe Dean with the second 1st round pick but ok with Burks.  Then grab a WR with pick 33.  As of now this is ideal.  I have a feeling we may look at QB with the Rams pick wherever it ends up to get the extra year of control over a QB.  I dont want to because I don't love anyone there but Strong, Ridder or Howell could be options with that pick. 

Atlanta Falcons - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh 

Ewwww thats a easy no from the Falcon crew im sure of it lol   Ryan is more than fine for another few years and his contract isn't easily moveable anyways. So we are gonna be with him for another 2+ years or so or we will get destroyed by the cap hit which we are already having a problem with.    Then you take into  account Pickett is older and he will already be sitting for another 2 or more years behind Ryan making him 27 to 28 when he starts.  Then you add into the situation that while ryan is playing and playing very well mind you that you are eating into picketts rookie contract absolutely screwing over the one thing that a rookie QB offers you more than a vet QB years of cap freedom.  By the time pickett actually gets to take over you will have 2 years left on his contract with him already being 28 before paying him big money. So we might only have this guy for 7 years of legit playing time before he is 35 and it's time for us to get a new QB again. To me thats just dumb for any team to do.     That and to me theirs really only 1 QB in this class i would take in the top 15 to 20 picks and thats Willis and even he im not taking top 5 right now.    If any team takes him in the 1st round which im not saying he isn't a late 1st round quality QB i sorta like him then they need to be ready to start him RIGHT AWAY to get the max out of his situation sorta like the Bengals and Burrow did.

Falcons have bigger fish to fry at D-line (DT and Edge), RB, WR, CB, and OL

I would take any of 

Jordan Davis
George Karlaftis

Andrew Booth Jr.
Trent McDuffie
Drake Jackson
Tyler Linderbaum
Chris Olave
Adam Anderson (maybe depending on his off field problems)
Garrett Wilson
Christian Harris
Charles Cross

Before i would look at any QB in this class outside of Willis and even Willis im not taking over half of that list right now.

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

I don't know about the Titans drafting a LB.  Potentially big needs at C, TE, and maybe Edge if they can't resign Landry, plus David Long has been stellar, and they drafted Monty Rice last year.

If they don't re-sign Jayon Brown, do re-sign Landry, manage to figure out C/OG, and sign a TE or two to fix that position, then sure.  But even then, I wouldn't think so.  JRob struck gold with Jayon Brown in the fifth, David Long in the sixth, and picking up Robert Spillane in UDFA, while the first round LB, Rashaan Evans, has been a huge disappointment.

I'd expect JRob to look for LBs in the later rounds again.