Raiders Reportedly Will Sign Desean Jackson

NYRaider

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

^ Try to read it slowly this time

There's no point in us arguing about Zay Jones, you have your opinions and I have mine. I hope that he proves me wrong and will be the first to eat crow if he does. Lets just agree to disagree so we can discuss other things.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

There's no point in us arguing about Zay Jones, you have your opinions and I have mine. I hope that he proves me wrong and will be the first to eat crow if he does. Lets just agree to disagree so we can discuss other things.

Problem just remember to accurately represent what I'm saying rather than telling me something I didn't say. lol 

Problem just remember to accurately represent what I'm saying rather than telling me something I didn't say. lol 

Will do, the last thing I want to do is argue with you or anyone else on here. We're all rooting for Zay to succeed. 

No here's what I think about this move in particular:

Positives

-He has the skill set to Bring to the table with Henry Ruggs brought.

-An underrated thing is that he's actually more experienced at deep routes being one of the best deep threats in NFL history. So for what he lacks in the raw speed that he had before he's actually more advanced

Negatives

-Is Carr going to gain chemistry with him in one week?

-Didn't he leave the Rams because he wasn't getting the ball enough? We spread the ball around a lot.

-The last two years he would get injured like every other play. It's been pretty healthy this year but is that because he hasn't seen a ton of snaps?

-He's also not the contested catch guy that ruggs was

For the record: DeSean Jackson is one of my favorite players of all time so I will probably be getting this jersey lol

Edited by Jeremy408

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Calling BS early on this one. 

Zay could go onto have a 2000 yard season from here on out and you'd find a way to not acknowledge it or ever doubting the guy even belongs on a football field.

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Zay could go onto have a 2000 yard season from here on out and you'd find a way to not acknowledge it or ever doubting the guy even belongs on a football field.

Who knows. Maybe what will happen is Zay Jones starts putting up numbers and then eventually people forget about this conversation and then he can come back and reinvent himself as somebody who was always supporting Zay Jones.

I seen him do that on here with Yannick Ngakoue & Gus Bradley

My thing is why I respect you as you have a detailed reason for why you believe what you believe what it would take to prove you wrong and then you're willing to admit you're wrong. Thats completely different. I mess with that

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If Zay balls out I will gladly admit that I am wrong. I want every player on our team to play well.

How about Gus Bradley? I seen you say that he was a product of the players he had then later said he's one of the best DC's in the NFL.

I mean like over half of our defensive starters are guys that Bradley brought in. Yannick, Jefferson, Perryman, Hobbs, Hayward, and Moehrig. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I mean like over half of our defensive starters are guys that Bradley brought in. Yannick, Jefferson, Perryman, Hobbs, Hayward, and Moehrig. 

I'm speaking to the fact that you said one thing and then switched afterwards without actually admitting that you were wrong. 

And by mentioning the players, what are you actually trying to say? Are you switching back to saying that he's not or are you saying that to say that you were wrong and that he's actually a good DC

I'm speaking to the fact that you said one thing and then switched afterwards without actually admitting that you were wrong. 

And by mentioning the players, what are you actually trying to say? Are you switching back to saying that he's not or are you saying that to say that you were wrong and that he's actually a good DC

He is a good defensive coordinator and does an excellent job of finding guys that fit his scheme. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Marshawn is a legend, ran into him a few times when I lived in Oakland. Excited to see what Desean brings to the table for us. Ted (film guy from the athletic) said that Jackson still has plenty of speed (9th fastest player according to next gen stats on a play this year) and that he thinks Jackson also provides more in the short/intermediate game. 

100%. He can make an impact, even if it's not big #'s.