Raiders CB Damon Arnette sued over hit-and-run crash; Released (Page 2)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Hindsight

I'd say most of us on here and everyone in the media had CeeDee Lamb ranked over Ruggs. I just don't think Mayock knows his ABC's, because what comes after AB? CeeDee. Diggs got knocked during the pre-draft process but was rated higher then Arnette by basically everyone. Oh well though nothing we can do now.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:17 PM, NYRaider said:

Do we not have any sort of character assessment when evaluating prospects?

I highly doubt it, looking back. 

No way Ruggs' driving like a tool was a one-off. No way Arnette wasn't always a punk (something with Ohio St DBs anymore). No way Bowden wasn't flagged by plenty of things. 

Worse, we took gambles in FA too with Waller and one on Crosby. 

The latter two certainly earned their shots and put their lives together, so good for them. But if we're looking at things through the lens of character evaluations, which was your question, I find it hard to deny we have been choosing talent over character at a very high rate the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I highly doubt it, looking back. 

No way Ruggs' driving like a tool was a one-off. No way Arnette wasn't always a punk (something with Ohio St DBs anymore). No way Bowden wasn't flagged by plenty of things. 

Worse, we took gambles in FA too with Waller and one on Crosby. 

The latter two certainly earned their shots and put their lives together, so good for them. But if we're looking at things through the lens of character evaluations, which was your question, I find it hard to deny we have been choosing talent over character at a very high rate the last few years. 

Gruden and Mayock said we wanted foundational pieces... What kinda foundation are we trying to build here? lol

If the last 15 years of first round picks is not enough evidence on why you should just trade your first round picks if you’re the Raiders then I don’t know what is. 

Sure it makes the draft process boring for fans and make draft day boring but my god at least you know you’re getting a proven guy