Are we allowed to trade Kirk before the trade deadline?

aceinthehouse

I wasn't sure if this was allowed with him on the Franchise Tag or not. I thought I read it was not, but I keep hearing trade rumors or opinions of him being shipped. Who the hell knows?

If we are allowed too, we got to do it right NOW! Before the end of tomorrow, I believe.

He isn't worth what he will want & we're gonna get nothing for him when he walks.

I know we're 3-4 & the season isn't over, but with these injuries & the brutal remaining schedule we are not making the playoffs.

I say trade him to the Niners for a 2nd rd pick & move on. Start Colt McCoy the rest of the way & draft a QB in this deep QB draft class coming up.

I'm done with Cousins

He's 30 already anyways

No reason to waste this season on him, when he's checked out anyways. We might as well get what what we can for him, while we can.

If we can, that is.

That's my take on this, anyways.

Yes, he can be traded so far as I know. The only condition of a trade is that he has to sign the tender, which of course, he did, and the tag doesn't have a built in no trade clause, it's just a guaranteed one year deal. 

But the niners aren't going to give up a second for him. Just not happening. They can't negotiate an extension with him at this point in time, so there's no point to it. We'd be giving up the second round pick (which is almost a first rounder) and then may not be able to get him to re-sign on the back end. You don't give up a second round pick for that in the middle of a lost season. Plus, they have to like their chances of landing him in FA for nothing if he actually hits the market. If the niners are the trade partner, then it makes more sense to tag and trade at the start of next year to get something of value from the niners since they can negotiate the extension before consummating the deal. Of course, there is the Shanny v Allen/Snyder bad blood that would probably prevent that anyway. 

The team that would benefit from Cousins this year would be someone like Jax. Trade him to Jax for a conditional pick (depending on how they finish), would be the best bet. The value in a trade isn't going to be there though because he's a pending free agent for most other team. A team like Jax may say screw that though, because they may feel like given the way their team is currently set, they could be a viable super bowl contender with a quarterback of Cousins caliber. So maybe get their first if they win the super bowl, their second if they win a playoff game, a third if they miss the playoffs/don't win a game. 

We were never going to trade Kirk mid-season. The organization screwed this thing up about as badly as you can. He won't re-sign here, we can't trade him and we'll be left high and dry with absolutely nothing to show for it. It's why the pats are great and we suck. They know when it's time to move on. . 

37 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think he's a free agent next yr as well.

lol

Different circumstances. He's a FA, but he's not going anywhere. We can get him the long term deal he wants, and if we have to tag him, its only like 19-20 and we have more time with a potential second tag

Oh Christ, incarcerated Bob lol. That dude is wrong more often then La Canfora. Half the time he just makes stuff up. Kirk isn't going anywhere until the off-season when he walks away. 

And yes, I'd trade him right now. He's leaving either way so if some dumb team is willing to part with a first then you have to do it. And with all the injuries we have this season is getting ready to spiral big time. With or without Kirk. 

Archived