Are we allowed to trade Kirk before the trade deadline?

aceinthehouse

The redskins should do it .

i been protecting Kirk cousins but the fact is we can suck this year and get a first rounder while having tons of caps to adress a few pieces that can completely evolve us .

of course the risk is will our first round qb do good ?

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Oh Christ, incarcerated Bob lol. That dude is wrong more often then La Canfora. Half the time he just makes stuff up. Kirk isn't going anywhere until the off-season when he walks away. 

And yes, I'd trade him right now. He's leaving either way so if some dumb team is willing to part with a first then you have to do it. And with all the injuries we have this season is getting ready to spiral big time. With or without Kirk. 

Couldn't agree more I hope he gets traded .

yea bob sucks but if Grarapollo got traded I don't see how a team like the jags or browns have no interest the jags can win the division with a better qb .

i hope skins atleast entertain the idea. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Different circumstances. He's a FA, but he's not going anywhere. We can get him the long term deal he wants, and if we have to tag him, its only like 19-20 and we have more time with a potential second tag

Yea but Kirk was proven to be good in Kyle system plus Kirk is never injured so he has 5-6 years in him .

jimmy G does have more upside than Kirk he literally has the oral package you want in a QB

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Yea but Kirk was proven to be good in Kyle system plus Kirk is never injured so he has 5-6 years in him .

jimmy G does have more upside than Kirk he literally has the oral package you want in a QB

Oh yeah, no doubt. I wasn't talking about Jimmy G v Cousins - I think you have to take Cousins all day because Jimmy G hasn't shown anything as of yet. I was talking about why it made more sense for the niners to send a second for Jimmy G to NE as opposed to send a second round pick here for Cousins. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

My first thoughts.

Ace, were you the guy that made the Redskins are going 13-3 thread? Or 12-4? Whatever it was?

Yes, that was me. Looks like they got to run the table now. Lol

without injuries, it would have been next to impossible, but now?

It may be 4-12. Lol

oh well...

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yes, that was me. Looks like they got to run the table now. Lol

without injuries, it would have been next to impossible, but now?

It may be 4-12. Lol

oh well...

I actually predicted 4-12 in that thread you made.

I honestly don't think we'll be that bad, but it might be close now.

I see us staring at 6-10 or 7-9 most likely.

We still got the Giants twice & Arizona. Games we could still win, even with our injuries.

And don't forget the Chargers, either. Not to mention Denver, with their terrible QB play, but great defense.

I think even with McCoy starting, we could still win a couple more games.

But I'm done with Kirk. How about we let our coach Gruden find his own QB, instead of living with what he inherited?

Maybe one he trusts more?

Not a Redskins fan; so, I am not too familiar with the Cousins situation. What type of contract is he looking for and why hasn't he signed a long-term contract with the Redskins?

Have to say, I am surprised the Redskins don't lock him up to a contract similar to the Stafford contract (i.e., $25/year for 5 years or something like that). Do you all not think he is worth that type of money?

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Not a Redskins fan; so, I am not too familiar with the Cousins situation. What type of contract is he looking for and why hasn't he signed a long-term contract with the Redskins?

Have to say, I am surprised the Redskins don't lock him up to a contract similar to the Stafford contract (i.e., $25/year for 5 years or something like that). Do you all not think he is worth that type of money?

Have you ever seen the Movie "National Treasure"

at the end when they found all that loot?

Cousins falls to his knees & laughs with that offer.

He's in line to replace the guy on that show "Lucifer".

They're moving Fort Knox to his back yard,I've heard.

What's my opinion?

I would trade him, for some Halloween candy corn.

I want him gone.

why?

He's not a winner

can't win when it TRULY matters. I've seen enough.

23 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I actually hope the Vikings call and we trade Kirk for teddy bridgewater ( who's healthy now) and for a 3rd round pick or something .

we open our cap space we get a pick and hope to God teddy is the guy from 2015.

Good god, what the heck is wrong with you guys? Teddy and a third? For Christ sakes that's an awful trade. Teddy sucks. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

He wants a deal in line with what Carr/Stafford just got. 

Its a long story but our former GM wanted to offer him a fair deal but Bruce Allen overrode him and lowballed Cousins instead which pissed him off.

Yes he's probably worth a contract around what Stafford/Carr got.  Both are QBs who've put up good stats but haven't done anything in the playoffs.  Cousins is very similar. 

I didn’t think we could trade a franchised player. I thought I remember hearing that after July 15th we couldn’t.

Also, they’re not going to trade him. If the Redskins were going to trade Kirk they would have done it in one of the last two offseasons. 

Archived