Week 09 2021 - GDT - Falcons (3-4) @ Saints (5-2)

Mid Iowa

This is that typical "win on paper" game, right? I mean, it's the Falcons. Well, Gentlemen, meet the Saints.

We know how this works; we just beat the Brady led Buccs - by a decent margin, I might add - and now we have our second consecutive home game for a group of guys who started the season virtually homeless for a about a month, so they should be rather comfortable hosting yet another division rival. And then there's the QB thing.

Our defense should be able to keep the Dirty Birds from spending too much time celebrating any positive offense...if. If our offense can, well, do anything. We know we need a strong running game to open up the passing game. Atlanta ranks 25th in run defense and allowed over 200 yards against Carolina last week. That was without CMC.

Yes, we have a really good O-line. Well the Falcons have a really good Defensive front 7. Their corners are typical. Our WR pool is unknown, for a reason. And who's our QB this week? Oh yeah, a 7th round guy who - prior to last week - hadn't seen field action since the 2nd week of 2019, September 16th with the Jets, which was also his last start in the NFL, until today.

Trevor Siemian's performance will rely on a good run game, and he will also be the defense's best friend. Sustained long drives without turnovers, and something that ends in 6-7 points rather than 3. We know Atlanta will be blitzing the very second they get off the bus, so how Sie-Bass handle it?

Saints are -5.5 against the spread. I'm not sure they'll cover that to the Falcons. Matt Ryan had a horrible game last week, so I suspect he'll come in very focused. On the other side, our D is probably having trouble fitting their heads in their helmets, so hopefully they're focused. #NoYoYo 

2 hours ago, Dome said:

This is the type of game we don't show up to. Where we trail all game, make it competitive in the end, but clearly get beat in all phases.

Hoping for the best.

Of course, I really hope you're wrong. Unfortunately, I know better.

And then again, every once in awhile they surprise people and actually show up in consecutive weeks.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Well the Falcons have a really good Defensive front 7.

Matt Ryan had a horrible game last week

#1. False. We have a front three (Grady, Debo and Foye) that is NFL worthy, the rest wouldn't start for any other team in the league.

#2. Ryan's stats weren't great but if you'd have watched the game you'd have seen him under siege there entire game. The Oline was getting completely overwhelmed by the Panthers Dline. Can't really blame Ryan for the loss at all.

If you can stop the run and generate pressure on Ryan like the Panthers did you have the blueprint for a win. Having unknowns at WR isn't that big of a deal since apart from AJ and maybe Hawkins our defensive backs haven't been that impressive. I doubt our D can stop a dink and dunk offense if it involves Kamara so as long as Siemien takes care of the ball I don't really think the Falcons D is stopping much,

Still hoping to beat you guys in a beatdown though.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Err, just curiously looking at some stats, in terms of points per drive this is the lowest ranked offense we've had since 2005.

Ouch. Really though, what do you expect from a bench full of castaway QB's and unknown WR's. Kamara is the only guy -anybody who's not a saints fan- knows.

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

Ouch. Really though, what do you expect from a bench full of castaway QB's and unknown WR's. Kamara is the only guy -anybody who's not a saints fan- knows.

Yes I mean no one should expect miracles from this offense.  We're a defensive team now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

#1. False. We have a front three (Grady, Debo and Foye) that is NFL worthy, the rest wouldn't start for any other team in the league.

#2. Ryan's stats weren't great but if you'd have watched the game you'd have seen him under siege there entire game. The Oline was getting completely overwhelmed by the Panthers Dline. Can't really blame Ryan for the loss at all.

If you can stop the run and generate pressure on Ryan like the Panthers did you have the blueprint for a win. Having unknowns at WR isn't that big of a deal since apart from AJ and maybe Hawkins our defensive backs haven't been that impressive. I doubt our D can stop a dink and dunk offense if it involves Kamara so as long as Siemien takes care of the ball I don't really think the Falcons D is stopping much,

Still hoping to beat you guys in a beatdown though.

Is Deion Jones not good anymore? I thought he was a stud