Week 09 2021 - GDT - Falcons (3-4) @ Saints (5-2)

Mid Iowa

39 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Is Deion Jones not good anymore? I thought he was a stud

My bad for not being clear. Debo is Jones' twitterhandle. When he's on his game he's still an elite linebacker and seems to have a good year this year. Last few years he hasn't been great, mostly because of struggles with injuries.

• Like 1

Just now, DutchFalcon said:

My bad for not being clear. Debo is Jones' twitterhandle. When he's on his game he's still an elite linebacker and seems to have a good year this year. Last few years he hasn't been great, mostly because of struggles with injuries.

Ohh ok right. Wasn't familiar with that nickname. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Thomas Morestead was a great Saint for many years, and was very appreciated. 
To this point, we're not missing him at all. Gillikin is crushing it!!

Brian “Big” Johnson is looking great as well, as far as like 3rd try emergency kickers go 

7 hours ago, Dome said:

This is the type of game we don't show up to. Where we trail all game, make it competitive in the end, but clearly get beat in all phases.

Hoping for the best.

Couldn’t have called it more accurately 

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

In Troutman we bust.

The guy dropped a crucial fourth down catch, dropped a 2-point conversion that would have kept this a tie ball game at least...

Hold up that 2pt attempt did not look catchable, or was never ever gonna happen even if it was. And Trautman did make that huge grab over the middle where he took that big hit. But anyway I agree Lol, Trautman is just a guy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Losing with Hill is at least more interesting than losing with Siemian

I mean, we took the lead with a minute to go. If you’re looking for interesting/entertainment that’s about as good as it gets.

Trevor played about as well as Taysom ever did despite Taysom being Payton’s pet project and having multiple years in the system to prepare.

Just now, Dome said:

I mean, we took the lead with a minute to go. If you’re looking for interesting/entertainment that’s about as good as it gets.

Trevor played about as well as Taysom ever did despite Taysom being Payton’s pet project and having multiple years in the system to prepare.

Don't agree with the assessment + the touchdown drive to make it a one possession game was gift wrapped to the Saints. Hate to see what happens once teams figure out not to hit Siemian late/in the head or neck area.

At home against the Falcons and the team couldn't move the ball until they were down 18 (read: Atlanta playing soft coverage). In fairness to Siemian, this performance is well within his likely range of outcomes; a few nice throws, mostly a whole lot of nothing.