Bills @Jags GDT

bigbadbuff

McDermott had too many costly decisions today, that can’t be over looked.

Declining the 3rd down penalty that allowed them to kick a 55 yard field goal, when the penalty would’ve knocked them out of range. 

Not challenging the sanders catch on the sideline and then still calling time out was inexcusable.

Punted on a 4th down at either midfield or plus territory. 

Brutal day all around. Defense was aight, offense and coaching were pitiful in this game.

That is the most embarrassing loss during the McBeane tenure. Bar none. They need to figure their crap out. No excuse to only put up 6 pts against a team like the Jags. At this point, super bowl contender talk needs to stop (not that it matters in Nov, anyways), and they just need to focus on playing ball again. Really, really disappointed Beane didn't address the IOL during the offseason. I lost faith in Ford pretty quickly, but apparently he thought Ford would take the next step. He was wrong, the IOL was neglected, and it may cost them big time.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, bigbadbuff said:

McDermott had too many costly decisions today, that can’t be over looked.

Declining the 3rd down penalty that allowed them to kick a 55 yard field goal, when the penalty would’ve knocked them out of range. 

Not challenging the sanders catch on the sideline and then still calling time out was inexcusable.

Punted on a 4th down at either midfield or plus territory. 

Brutal day all around. Defense was aight, offense and coaching were pitiful in this game.

McD got out coached imo

Our OL is in shambles. Teams are playing us like we played KC. Dropping Safeties and challenging our OL to hold. With no legit threat in the Running game we need more designed runs on rollouts and options from Allen to make the safeties honest. That'll be on Daboll to fix 

Its a lot of knee jerk reactions. Jags had a game plan to blitz the crap out of the bills and it worked. Having Ike in at LG, moving Williams back to RT, while brown was out that is 3 oline changes not to mention the little help that knox would have as a blocking TE. Was it sloppy absolutely but to blame allen for running for his life, mcdermott for not making it 3rd and long rather then 4th down for the fg is silly. Keep in mind this same kicker missed 3 times in a row at 42 the fact he made that 55 is still baffling to me and I would bet many coaches would make that same call 9 out of 10 times. The oline is bad and the thing that frustrates me is we knew this oline was bad and it got worse, I just wish Beane could have found a way to make a deal to get a guard. Daboll's play calling has been questionable as of late and felt that he made no real changes at half time to get the ball moving out of allen's hands faster. Im not sure who is making the play calls but for the love of god stop doing the qb sneak teams are looking out for that now and know its not going to work. Where was beasley for the quick slants and why is diggs not getting 15+ targets a game I do not get it start finding ways to get the ball out quicker and where are the misdirections with mckenzie? 

All in all 2 things I blame from this team if you had to choose it is daboll's play calling and the oline protection. Brown coming back will correct the rightside but in no way should ford ever see the field again. Ever since the titans game this team has come out flat offensively and a change needs to happen this week.

Edited by soflbillsfan