• Open unknown pic messages from Brett Favre
    • Sit in an All 22 film breakdown with Jaws and Mind
    • Have your girl speak with a Boston accent forever
  3. 3. X Factor this week

• Mike
    • The 3 year coincidence
    • Deflated balls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2021 at 08:33 PM

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He just straight torched us today. I’m not gonna bad mouth him after the dimes he dropped.

Is it bad mouth that Im not going to crown him? he lit up a horrific defense, 

Should the Browns trade for Hoyer, because he looked vastly better than Keenum and Baker.

Maybe Hoyer going 3/3 85yards and a 1TD, shows you how bad woods is and how McDaniels lit his a$$ up

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

We came out so flat outside the opening drive it's like nobody wanted to be there.  It reminded me of the Steelers game. 

I really don’t get it.  It’s like they win a game and just start really feeling themselves and think they just need to show up or some ish.

That was embarrassing today.  They got jolly stomped by a middling team with a rookie QB.

Just now, buno67 said:

Is it bad mouth that Im not going to crown him? he lit up a horrific defense, 

Should the Browns trade for Hoyer, because he looked vastly better than Keenum and Baker.

Maybe Hoyer going 3/3 85yards and a 1TD, shows you how bad woods is and how McDaniels lit his a$$ up

Mac made nice throws, nice reads, had good rhythm and timing.

No one is crowning him (candy might be, he does that), it was just one game, but he played very well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really don’t get it.  It’s like they win a game and just start really feeling themselves and think they just need to show up or some ish.

That was embarrassing today.  They got jolly stomped by a middling team with a rookie QB.

Playoff team.

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mac made nice throws, nice reads, had good rhythm and timing.

No one is crowning him (candy might be, he does that), it was just one game, but he played very well.

Oh he played well but Woods made him play so much better than what he is. The issue was allowing him to be rhythmic and Getting timing down. Where was the Corner back blitz? Where were any of the blitzes? Where was the pressure with tight coverage and really force him To throw into tight windows? Are we saying Mac Jones is better than Burrow that we are that afraid of him beating the blitz? Burrow was literally the highest rated QB when it came to dealing with pressure and we hounded him all game long. The Bengals had the QB and WRs to torch our pressure and that didn’t stop woods but he was afraid of Mac Jones, Bourne, Meyers, and their TEs?

like serious what the hell is wrong with our coaching staff. It’s like they think since something worked one week that they can’t use it again cause the next opponent is going to game plan to stop that. Can we literally stop assuming opposing coaches are going to stop what works. Woods automatically assumed the Pats would have our pressure packages figured out. Stef automatically thought the pats were going to have our 2-3 TE packages figured out. We ran the ball right down their throats that opening drive and Stef assumed they stole those points and it was time to go empty. The beauty of Stef’s offense was suppose to be about masking the run and pass concepts. That any play, it could be a pass or run. It’s why our offense is so much better with w/ FB and TEs. ITS BECAUSE THE DEFENSE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE PLAY MIGHT BE. When we start going empty, guess what, it’s going to be a pass. Guess what, our passing concepts are not that creative. This 2019 all over again when we go empty. Also doesn’t work all that well when one of those WRs is the 3rd string RB. We have one legit playmaker at WR and it’s DPJ. When there is no threat of a run to keep the safeties honest they are going to bracket him and make him a none factor. 

im fine with baker on his 5yr option and even setting things up to move on from him if it’s drafting a QB that falls or getting draft capital together to make a run at a trade up for a QB in ‘23 but you know what, Stef needs to be told he is not a made man in Cleveland. He needs to replace his DC and he might need to hand over his play calling duties. 

its also horsecrap that even stefanski gave up yesterday. Henry clearly didn’t make that catch but Stef wants to eat the challenge flag. Game was still in reach at 24-7 but even he gave up IMO, which is complete BS

Wasnt suppose to be a rant but it turned into one 

Edited by buno67

Woods: Watched Mac Jones shred zone defense, soft zone coverage, and everyone he ever faced in college

Also Woods: Let's run soft zone and not pressure a statuesque rookie quarterback and continue to run base looks with off-man and Cover 3. Let's also continue to have Anthony Walker in Dime situations on third down and match him up against one of their 2 great TE. Let's also continue to put Harrison in the slot and watch him get beat consistently.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Woods: Watched Mac Jones shred zone defense, soft zone coverage, and everyone he ever faced in college

Also Woods: Let's run soft zone and not pressure a statuesque rookie quarterback and continue to run base looks with off-man and Cover 3. Let's also continue to have Anthony Walker in Dime situations on third down and match him up against one of their 2 great TE. Let's also continue to put Harrison in the slot and watch him get beat consistently.

Even Pats fans were saying that Mac has struggled at times vs. man coverage and that their OL is susceptible at getting beat when a blitz is sent. If us fans can recognize a basic game plan to stop Mac and the Pats offense, there's no reason a NFL DC can't.

I mean, how many good defensive game plans has Woods had since he's been DC? The Vikings one was good. The Bengals one but that was after they drove down the field during their first two drives and Woods finally realized he needed to change things up. Maybe the Bears game but I say that was more ineptitude on Chicago's part rather than a great game plan on Woods' part.

And last year? I can't think of one. Maybe the Titans game in the first half until we decided to play prevent defense for the entirety of the second half.

TL;DR: Fire Joe Woods

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Oh he played well but Woods made him play so much better than what he is. The issue was allowing him to be rhythmic and Getting timing down. Where was the Corner back blitz? Where were any of the blitzes? Where was the pressure with tight coverage and really force him To throw into tight windows? Are we saying Mac Jones is better than Burrow that we are that afraid of him beating the blitz? Burrow was literally the highest rated QB when it came to dealing with pressure and we hounded him all game long. The Bengals had the QB and WRs to torch our pressure and that didn’t stop woods but he was afraid of Mac Jones, Bourne, Meyers, and their TEs?

I’m not saying we didn’t make it easy for him, we sure as hell did. Woods needs a come to Jesus moment and if it’s not gonna happen on its own then Stefanski and the FO need to help him get there.  Start blitzing, start manufacturing some pressure or we’ll find someone who can.

like serious what the hell is wrong with our coaching staff. It’s like they think since something worked one week that they can’t use it again cause the next opponent is going to game plan to stop that.

It’s really wild to see them have so much success with it last week to completely ignore it this week.

Can we literally stop assuming opposing coaches are going to stop what works. Woods automatically assumed the Pats would have our pressure packages figured out. Stef automatically thought the pats were going to have our 2-3 TE packages figured out. We ran the ball right down their throats that opening drive and Stef assumed they stole those points and it was time to go empty.

Yeah, at least make them show they’ve figured your stuff out before you make changes.

The beauty of Stef’s offense was suppose to be about masking the run and pass concepts. That any play, it could be a pass or run. It’s why our offense is so much better with w/ FB and TEs. ITS BECAUSE THE DEFENSE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE PLAY MIGHT BE. When we start going empty, guess what, it’s going to be a pass.

Jesus the empty backfields…. Not only is it going to be a pass, but it’s gonna be a pass to the least explosive/athletic group of targets in the game. 

Guess what, our passing concepts are not that creative. This 2019 all over again when we go empty. Also doesn’t work all that well when one of those WRs is the 3rd string RB. We have one legit playmaker at WR and it’s DPJ. When there is no threat of a run to keep the safeties honest they are going to bracket him and make him a none factor. 

Idk if it’s just personnel or that and play design, but this plodding offense isn’t sustainable.  You’ve got to take some shot and actually connect on them from time to time.

im fine with baker on his 5yr option and even setting things up to move on from him if it’s drafting a QB that falls or getting draft capital together to make a run at a trade up for a QB in ‘23

Id be lying if I said that wouldn’t be a thing I’d consider doing with some picks this upcoming draft.  I’m not saying punt everything to ‘23, but if we can move down and snag another 2 or 3, it may be a smart play moving forward.

but you know what, Stef needs to be told he is not a made man in Cleveland. He needs to replace his DC and he might need to hand over his play calling duties. 

I wouldn’t go that far.  He’s not untouchable but I don’t think 5-5 warrants ultimatums tbh.

I do think he should hand over play calling duties because, well, I prefer a HC to be a HC.  It’s enough work for one man, as is coordinating an offense.

We’ve gotten to a point where Stefanski is responsible for the offense and Woods the defense, but Stefanski is responsible for both, he’s the HMFIC.

its also horsecrap that even stefanski gave up yesterday. Henry clearly didn’t make that catch but Stef wants to eat the challenge flag. Game was still in reach at 24-7 but even he gave up IMO, which is complete BS

I thought he was in tbh

Wasnt suppose to be a rant but it turned into one 

That’s ok, I feel ya lol

I meant what I said, that Joe Woods has no idea what to do with the chess pieces he has out there. He doesn’t use any of these guys to their strengths. It’s like giving a piece of in shaped clay to somebody. A toddler (Woods) is just going to crumble it up and create a bunch of nonsense. We have some weak links, as most defenses do, but it shouldn’t be this bad on a given week. It’s past the point that we need to make an in season termination and let somebody else have a chance to call the defense and salvage the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I meant what I said, that Joe Woods has no idea what to do with the chess pieces he has out there. He doesn’t use any of these guys to their strengths. It’s like giving a piece of in shaped clay to somebody. A toddler (Woods) is just going to crumble it up and create a bunch of nonsense. We have some weak links, as most defenses do, but it shouldn’t be this bad on a given week. It’s past the point that we need to make an in season termination and let somebody else have a chance to call the defense and salvage the season. 

I hate the constant turnover, but Woods is at the point he needs to know he’s coaching for his job and as of now it’s not looking good.

He doesn’t get another clunker like that. Either figure out this defense or update your resume.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hate the constant turnover, but Woods is at the point he needs to know he’s coaching for his job and as of now it’s not looking good.

He doesn’t get another clunker like that. Either figure out this defense or update your resume.

I think he knows. Most people don't get fired in the NFL (or any job) without having a good idea its coming. He was given a pass last year for the bad play with the rona and all the injuries. This year he has 2 of the best DE's, 3 good CB's, and S play that is above average. If we have bad plays at LB that is understandable, but those other areas should really mask the LB group. 

• Like 2