Week 10 GDT (SNF): Chiefs (5-4) at Raiders (5-3)

NYRaider

Who ya got  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr was chuckin Hail Mary’s in the third qtr. if was like “show me you give up without telling me you give up”. Defense tried but with our offense only putting one td in the first half can’t compete like that esp vs chiefs

That wasn’t the impression I got at all. I thought he was trying to go down the field with big plays down 2 scores and got hit because the OL sucked again when it counted. But hey that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 1

Obviously Mahommes worked the pocket better. Mahommes Is one of the best in the nfl. Do you typically put Carr in the same category as Mahommes? That’s crazy, IMO. Especially if just talking about working the pocket. 

2. Interior vs outside pressure. We had limited inside pressure, normally max or Crosby had a chance but it was just one person pat had to make miss. 
carrs was more interior and mult defenders. 
they played 2 different Ds with different olines. 
no doubt pat could’ve made more happen, but it’s tougher when entire pocket collapsing vs just one guy coming at you (Crosby) who was being blocked by your te who just turns around uncovered 

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That wasn’t the impression I got at all. I thought he was trying to go down the field with big plays down 2 scores and got hit because the OL sucked again when it counted. But hey that’s just my opinion. 

If whoever is in charge rolls with Carr shoud try to replicate Ol Reggie and nail down that oline again. Except this time nail the RT as opposed to the revolving door of years past 

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Great tell me who worked the pocket better carr or pat?

I thought we got pressure on pat he just finesses the pocket better to give his targets more time and helps out his less that great oline

I know we did great and tried. But don’t you think someone should’ve picked up kelce or the rb on all those screens? Or no doesn’t matter just give up the underneath and Prevent the deep shot? 
regardless they still gave up the deep. I would’ve taken away kelce and he was constantly wide open on the block for a second then turn around 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

I know we did great and tried. But don’t you think someone should’ve picked up kelce or the rb on all those screens? Or no doesn’t matter just give up the underneath and Prevent the deep shot? 
regardless they still gave up the deep. I would’ve taken away kelce and he was constantly wide open on the block for a second then turn around 

Not having Mullen hurt. He could run with Hill in the past and that allowed us to move additional help to Kelce.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not having Mullen hurt. He could run with Hill in the past and that allowed us to move additional help to Kelce.

For sure and Faycson got hurt too. We were weak at db and kc not the team you wanna be thin at db against. 
I just think our plan to take away the deep was bad. They were giving up 8 yards every first down it seemed 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

For sure and Faycson got hurt too. We were weak at db and kc not the team you wanna be thin at db against. 
I just think our plan to take away the deep was bad. They were giving up 8 yards every first down it seemed 

Fayscon is listed at 6’3 thought he should been manned up on Kelce maybe he would of been overwhelmed but atleast try something different 

20 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Fayscon is listed at 6’3 thought he should been manned up on Kelce maybe he would of been overwhelmed but atleast try something different 

I was thinking we should have moved Crosby around also.  He was going against a backup but it was a backup he played with for 2 years in college.  Guy probably knew Crosby better than any other RT in the league that is not on the Raiders.

51 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

They did it (at least once and Kelce threw him around at the LOS). They also had Moehrig coming down to cover him on a few snaps (with Leavitt and Abram deep).

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

They did it (at least once and Kelce threw him around at the LOS). They also had Moehrig coming down to cover him on a few snaps (with Leavitt and Abram deep).

We just flat out don’t match up well with KC. Long rangy corners that run 4.5-4.6 40’s are not going to do well against shifty, speed demon receivers that are getting free releases. If you have an equalizer that can nullify Kelce you can at least compete. We don’t have that 

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

We just flat out don’t match up well with KC. Long rangy corners that run 4.5-4.6 40’s are not going to do well against shifty, speed demon receivers that are getting free releases. If you have an equalizer that can nullify Kelce you can at least compete. We don’t have that 

We do if Mullen is healthy and we have a 2nd safety who can cover. Abram has done some nice things in the box, but at this point we need to convert him full time to linebacker and add a coverage safety/see Gillespie there. Gillespie can cover. No way he goes to locking up Kyle pitts to forgetting how to cover/jump in the NFL.

3 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I would’ve kept maxx on kelcy when he tried blocking him and blitz a lb with a safety over the top maxx isn’t slow. Why do we have Littleton if he’s not gonna help with te’s and rbs