Week 10 GDT (SNF): Chiefs (5-4) at Raiders (5-3)

NYRaider

Who ya got  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

40 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

So use Max in coverage? There has to be a better way 

The problem is there was mult times there was no one behind Max. 
Kelce was blocking him, but as soon as Maxx would "win", or Kelce would let him free, hed turn and be wide open. 
I only watched the game once, but I have no idea where our Lbers were all game. 

Kelce and the Rbs had so much free room underneath. 
They were constantly moving the ball on us, and scoring anyways, I wish we had taken the underneath, and made mahommes throw the deep ball with pressure. Death by a thousand cuts is worse IMO

• Like 1

In the first half they had 5 drives, for over 200 yards, and outside of the first drive where we held them to a 3 and out, then had
11 plays 89 yard TD - 5:45 min
9 play 53 yard FG - 4: 33 min
- Now 10 - 7: 
we now had a 4 play drive, which I agree is crap, but it took up 2 mins, we then gave up a 
10 plays 58 yards TD

I dont think its fair to blame that on the O. The D couldnt get themselves off the field after the first, and tired themselves out. 11 plays, 9 plays and 10 plays is exhausting when they keep converting on 3rd downs. 

Saying this game is only on the O, and giving the D a free pass for trying hard isnt going to work. 

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

The problem is there was mult times there was no one behind Max. 
Kelce was blocking him, but as soon as Maxx would "win", or Kelce would let him free, hed turn and be wide open. 
I only watched the game once, but I have no idea where our Lbers were all game. 

Kelce and the Rbs had so much free room underneath. 
They were constantly moving the ball on us, and scoring anyways, I wish we had taken the underneath, and made mahommes throw the deep ball with pressure. Death by a thousand cuts is worse IMO

We were badly outcoached this game on offense, defense, and special teams.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

In the first half they had 5 drives, for over 200 yards, and outside of the first drive where we held them to a 3 and out, then had
11 plays 89 yard TD - 5:45 min
9 play 53 yard FG - 4: 33 min
- Now 10 - 7: 
we now had a 4 play drive, which I agree is crap, but it took up 2 mins, we then gave up a 
10 plays 58 yards TD

I dont think its fair to blame that on the O. The D couldnt get themselves off the field after the first, and tired themselves out. 11 plays, 9 plays and 10 plays is exhausting when they keep converting on 3rd downs. 

Saying this game is only on the O, and giving the D a free pass for trying hard isnt going to work. 

“But it took up 2min?” Is that supposed to be an accomplishment you can barely even re tape a ankle in 2 min

11 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

So use Max in coverage? There has to be a better way 

If we’re only gonna send 4 and they keep kelcy in to block momentarily it’s a #’s game 6 vs 4. I’d rather have maxx jam the hell out of kelcy with a safety over the top and blitz a lb. make pat scramble instead of giving him all day to throw. 

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

“But it took up 2min?” Is that supposed to be an accomplishment you can barely even re tape a ankle in 2 min

No, not at all, thats why I said which is crap. 
But 3 and outs happen, do you just give the D a free pass after a 3 and out?? 

They couldnt get them selves off the field, that is why they were tired. 
Our O had yet to go 3 and out to this point. . . 

Our D in the first 4 drives had given up 17 points. 2 long TD drives of 10 and 11 plays. and a 9 play FG drive. 

Our O was terrible. All game. 
But our D was giving up long drives all game. 
That tires the D out more than the O did. 

also, before you say 17 points isnt that bad. . . thats in the first half. would be on pace for 34ppg, and league worst D. 

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

No, not at all, thats why I said which is crap. 
But 3 and outs happen, do you just give the D a free pass after a 3 and out?? 

They couldnt get them selves off the field, that is why they were tired. 
Our O had yet to go 3 and out to this point. . . 

Our D in the first 4 drives had given up 17 points. 2 long TD drives of 10 and 11 plays. and a 9 play FG drive. 

Our O was terrible. All game. 
But our D was giving up long drives all game. 
That tires the D out more than the O did. 

also, before you say 17 points isnt that bad. . . thats in the first half. would be on pace for 34ppg, and league worst D. 

So basically it’s the defenses fault for not pitching a shutout. They would be well rested if we got 3 and outs vs kc all night. Especially since the defense only gets 2 min rest in between series which according to you they should be grateful for.

I get it you’re right like I said before it’s the defense fault for not holding kc to 13 points so we could win 13-14. 

I could see if it was 35-41 or even 28-41 then I’d be more on your side of the fence on this issue. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

So basically it’s the defenses fault for not pitching a shutout. They would be well rested if we got 3 and outs vs kc all night. Especially since the defense only gets 2 min rest in between series which according to you they should be grateful for.

I get it you’re right like I said before it’s the defense fault for not holding kc to 13 points so we could win 13-14. 

I could see if it was 35-41 or even 28-41 then I’d be more on your side of the fence on this issue. 

Ok nevermind, youre not listening lol. 
If we lost 24-14, Id blame the O.
If we lost 35-36 - id blame the D
we lost 41-14 - I am blaming everyone. 

cheers bud! The D played great! Abrams should be team captain next week 9 for 9 is great. 

• Like 2

also where on earth did I say they would be grateful for a 2min rest? 
I said it was crap.
But it was better than a 3 and out. . . which we had yet to do all game.

But the D had already given up close to 200 yards in the half? 

Anyways, I am sure you will respond with something I am not even saying hahahah.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The point is, even if DJax scores instead of fumbling, making it a 24-21 ball game.  What impression did the defense give you that they wouldn't just let them march 10+ plays down the field and make it 31-21.  And even if the O scored again to make it 31-28, what again did you see that gave you belief that they would stop them after that one?

It's the same old argument.  When the offense isn't lighting it up we lose or in some cases have no chance. No one ever expects the defense to help win a game around here and the offense can't make any mistakes or it's game over.  The last time I remember the defense winning a game for us was Mack vs the Broncos, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, true2form said:

The point is, even if DJax scores instead of fumbling, making it a 24-21 ball game.  What impression did the defense give you that they wouldn't just let them march 10+ plays down the field and make it 31-21.  And even if the O scored again to make it 31-28, what again did you see that gave you belief that they would stop them after that one?

It's the same old argument.  When the offense isn't lighting it up we lose or in some cases have no chance. No one ever expects the defense to help win a game around here and the offense can't make any mistakes or it's game over.  The last time I remember the defense winning a game for us was Mack vs the Broncos, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Maybe cause the most points our defense has given up all year was 28

also longer offensive drives from us  keeps kc off the field and allows defense time to rest and strategize 

not to mention right after that djax fumble iirc defense only gave up a fg