Zach Miller's knee

Mid Iowa

All I can say is WOW, and holy crapola. NFL.com has a brief article on Miller's knee. It obviously looked bad on the field, but I didn't realize how bad. He tore an artery and immediately had surgery.

That reversed TD was also bogus. Ya'll know we bleed Black & Gold, but what were the refs looking at? Probably looking at a facemask penalty in the near future.

Anyway, speedy recovery to a good TE.

His career is probably over, unfortunately.

As for the TD catch: I don't know what they were looking at. Yeah, the ball hit the ground a bit, but it didn't move it enough to overrule a TD. Refs have been terrible all year.

The ONLY possible recourse for calling it not a catch would be Megatron a few years ago.  Caught the ball, maintained control to the ground but as he was rolling up to his feet he spun the ball out of his hands and they ruled it an incomplete pass.  Miller caught the ball, maintained control to the ground, but as he was rolling back over the ball came out, as obviously he thought the play was over and his knee was shredded chicken.

I didn't agree with the Megatron call or this call, but that is the only way I can see them justifying the call is the previous precedence set by that first play years ago.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

The ONLY possible recourse for calling it not a catch would be Megatron a few years ago.  Caught the ball, maintained control to the ground but as he was rolling up to his feet he spun the ball out of his hands and they ruled it an incomplete pass.  Miller caught the ball, maintained control to the ground, but as he was rolling back over the ball came out, as obviously he thought the play was over and his knee was shredded chicken.

I didn't agree with the Megatron call or this call, but that is the only way I can see them justifying the call is the previous precedence set by that first play years ago.

Yea, that's what happened definitely.

4 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, that's what happened definitely.

The issue is that it was a clear catch and a clear bobble without clear evidence of reestablished control before he makes contact with the ground.

Now i believe he caught it but the refs gotta go with what the video clearly shows and what they clearly saw was...

1. Established catch

2. Clear bobble (loss of control)

At this point this is no longer a catch until the video proves (shows) reestaishment of the football. I believe he does but the view is obscured by the defender which forces the ref to rule the catch incomplete.

Love it or hate it but thats the NFL so get used to it.

Archived