RT Mike McGlinchey Out For The Season With a Torn Quad

J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Brunskill to RT? It would make sense tbh I prefer Moore. But we need to start getting our rookies playing time. We are 3-5 about to be 3-6.

I'd like to see Banks get some run to see what we've got, but going against Donald his first game may not be the best for his first game. Moore apparently hasn't been practicing on the right side. At this point, I'd say let's see what we've got in these young guys. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I'd like to see Banks get some run to see what we've got, but going against Donald his first game may not be the best for his first game. Moore apparently hasn't been practicing on the right side. At this point, I'd say let's see what we've got in these young guys. 

Banks is only as old as a 3 year vet. He's not actually a 3 year vet, so I don't believe he qualifies for playing time at the current juncture under this regime. 

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I really want Moore to start at RT. I think he’s played well enough the couple of games he’s stepped in. 

I feel like Banks will take over Tomlinson’s spot next year. I don’t think he’s going to be plugged in at RG. Just a feeling, who knows 

3 hours ago, StevenK said:

I really want Moore to start at RT. I think he’s played well enough the couple of games he’s stepped in. 

I feel like Banks will take over Tomlinson’s spot next year. I don’t think he’s going to be plugged in at RG. Just a feeling, who knows 

So if Moore keeps the RT job. Can Mcglinichy slide to RG if Banks takes over LG? 

Edited by 49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So if Moore keeps the RT job. Can Mcglinichy slide to RG if Banks takes over LG? 

Feels like he'd have a hard time keeping leverage inside at 6'8, but maybe it's not as big of a deal as it seems to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

No. He's too tall and doesn't play with the proper anchor to play inside. Would be a disaster. I said earlier in the year I wanted Moore at RT and McGlinchy to play the third TE blocking role because dwelley was so bad. This was before woener established himself. 

4 hours ago, StevenK said:

If anyone but Moore gets a single first team rep at RT, we riot 

5 hours ago, GW21 said:

Moore apparently hasn't been practicing on the right side

Negligence and incompetence. Complete and utter disaster

"Hey we've got this young tackle who played really well on the left, which is the best side of our OL, and we've been really bad on the right side .... But let's not get him any reps there????" 

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE 

As I said above, I (and others) were saying Moore should be playing on the right side, be it RG or RT, for a few weeks AND WE DIDNT EVEN GET HIM ANY REPS AT ALL. How is it the fans can see something so obvious but the team can't?? Feels like 2008/2009 all over again. 

• Like 1