Trade deadline targets

Johnny Nix

6 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

So I can't help but think that Cleveland was trying to waste our time. Keep us fromgetting anything for aj by agreeing to a deal and not executing. What a garbage front office.

There wasn't anything else on the table tho.  If the Bengals had other offers, they surely wouldn't let the competition continue until 3:55.

The Browns just bungled it.  And possibly they did it intentionally as Haslam listened to Hue over Sashi Brown.  But Brown is the one who failed to finalize it with the league offices.

Holy hell a 2nd and a 3rd hurts. I was on the fence thinking it was a third and late throw away or worse but this? I guess it makes sense that it happened to us even when the bungles aren’t to blame.

i can’t get out of my head all of the o linemen we could bring in.

18 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

Holy hell a 2nd and a 3rd hurts. I was on the fence thinking it was a third and late throw away or worse but this? I guess it makes sense that it happened to us even when the bungles aren’t to blame.

i can’t get out of my head all of the o linemen we could bring in.

They would have taken a CB and LB.  So no worries.

16 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

Yeah I know but it’s fun to dream before reality comes crashing back into the picture.

I dream about the day they take a center in the first three rounds.

Did you know the last time the Bengals drafted a center in round 3 or above was 1997?

That was my senior year in high school. Spent all weekend holed up in my basement. Cut the entire draft list out of the newspaper. Rod Payne was Michigan's center and I kept waiting for him to be a stud here. Don't recall him starting ever. 

I was thinking Luigs was in the third round too, but could be wrong on that.

Archived