Trade deadline targets

Johnny Nix

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Bodine might actually be worse than Guiciuc.  It''s like the guy picking and coaching center for our team thinks bad is good.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Bodine has been by far our worst Center in recent memory. I honestly think the dude only works upper body and skips leg day. That’s the only explanation if he’s this monster in the bench press but is getting pushed back and thrown around. 

You guys must have forgotten just how bad Guicheck was.  He's definitely the worst Bengals player bar none in the past couple of decades (that played regularly for multiple seasons).  Guy was a revolving door as Center.  Bodine has communication issues and looks terrible every 3rd snap, but Guicheck was a liability on every play.  I remember charting him in a preseason game.  We went 3 and out on a drive and on all 3 plays it was Guicheck's guy that blew up the play.  It's incredible just how bad he was...

14 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

You guys must have forgotten just how bad Guicheck was.  He's definitely the worst Bengals player bar none in the past couple of decades (that played regularly for multiple seasons).  Guy was a revolving door as Center.  Bodine has communication issues and looks terrible every 3rd snap, but Guicheck was a liability on every play.  I remember charting him in a preseason game.  We went 3 and out on a drive and on all 3 plays it was Guicheck's guy that blew up the play.  It's incredible just how bad he was...

It's hard to quantify for me.  They were both extremely bad.  Guicheck (or WTFE) looked far worse because there were quality guys all around him.  Bodine is just the leading matador on a very poor o-line.  Bodine gets backed up way too much.  I honestly thing the tackles would look better if they could ride their man around the back of the pocket behind Dalton.  Bodine gets pushed back, so their ends are already able to get around Fisher and Cedric and hit Dalton as he tries to escape out of the back of the pocket

Archived