GDT 11/11/21 Week 10: 6-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 2-7 Miami Dolphins

DreamKid

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It seemed like the plays were coming in late all game long.

Getting to the line earlier would enable Lamar and the offense to make adjustments. For instance there was a play that Troy Aikman commented on where the defense was leaving the middle of the field wide open, and our 2 receiver both ran out-breaking routes. Lamar has to see that and adjust one of the routes over the middle. 

6 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Its been a tendency for many games now, just getting worse. 

should expect your OC to understand this could be problematic but here we are.

Last season Roman commented about how he was going to make a concerted effort to get the plays in sooner, yet a year later it’s happened in every game that he’s getting the plays in late.

Its only compounded by the fact that we use some sort of jet motion on what feels like 85% of plays, which is a built in 2-3 seconds off the clock.

Roman needs to go. Firing him I feel would potentially be this teams Cam Cameron moment.

• Like 1

Lamar needs a new jolt to the system imo. I've said it before but, if Flacco benefited from different hires at QB coach and OC- then Lamar can benefit just as much if not more. 

If Roman is the only human being alive capable of scheming a running game around Lamar, then okay let's keep him. Somehow I doubt that though. 

No one can deny we've enjoyed relatively stellar offensive success under Roman, but you also can't deny that there's too often a total air of uncertainty, hesitancy, fear, and general anguish that settles on this squad that typically has the edge in talent over whatever defense they're facing. Before if we were down by 7 the offense looked like it was on suicide watch, now it's like the offense doesn't feel comfortable unless we're down by 10+. It's bizarre. 

The injuries suck, the OL needs an almost total overhaul, and Lamar hasn't been consistent this year- but clearly the issues go beyond that. When everything was near perfect Roman faltered and he's faltering again when he needs to make the best out of a bad situation. I don't think it's a stretch to say the players are starting to move on from him either. 

I mean just how good does our offensive personnel have to be for Roman to not f*ck things up? Next year we'll have our HBs back healthy and EDC will throw serious investments at the OL. Giving us a 'name' or 'star' player at every single position. Will that be enough for Roman to establish a schematic advantage that doesn't fall apart in the playoffs? Or will we once again see a team that decimated the regular season start getting bogged down only to be saved or not saved by Lamar's magic? 

Harbaugh doesn't skate in this either. He needs to step in and right the ship before things get worse. I don't think Roman should be fired now, but maybe telling him it's his last year so consider the rest the season an audition would go a long way. 

• Like 1